GDT: ECQF Game #1; Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | Series Tied 0-0 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Komarov definitely has to get off the PP but it wasn't he who whiffed on all those glorious chances the first two periods. A couple of goals there and this would have been a different game. Bruins capitalized on nearly every good chance they have had.

Yup,

High danger chances (All situations):

Leafs 9 - Bruins 9

Gotta bury those chances when we get them.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This game was lost on special teams. Refs haven’t been good but if the Leafs could’ve killed one of the first two penalties and scored on one of our three we aren’t in this position. Babs decision to put the fourth line out in the final minute of the second also really hurt us.

Series isn’t over but our getting embarrassed and a potential Kadri suspension could’ve all been avoided if everyone on the team had done their job better, including Babs.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The better team wont no matter how we spin it. The Bruins finally got to Kadri after 2 periods of cheapshots, starting to look like Marchand the last half of the game. Guess that's what happens when you have no help.

Our best players haven't been our best players. Nylander a ghost, Marner weak on puck, Matthews no speed to his game but pretty competent in the traffic zones. Kadri was good half the game but the Bruins really put into him.

Nylander though.... pretty damn bad at everything tonight.

Looked like we got killed on faceoffs that mattered. Bozak line might as well have not played

Shoutout to Princess Wingels and Debrusk for playing with dull skates tonight

Marner outside of the pp has done nothing tonight. Nylander hasn’t been great but he put in more effort to fight through than marner has. Why you need to call nylander our twice here is strange

BoardsOfFun

Oct 20, 2015
time to change diapers, confronting Chara in the playoffs for the first time does that to most young'uns

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
How many of you said that speed and skill will beat size and grittiness? Give your heads of shake. The Leafs are softer than the Michelin Man. This is what they need to get in the offseason.

I don't think they even played softly. It was an even game, a few unlucky breaks and then they imploded in the third with undisciplined play. (Naz mostly).

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
I know Babcock is going to steam roll whomever asks him why Komarov on the PP, I hope his next five questions are the same one until he answers

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
What a complete and thorough destruction.

I think we played even worse than the last playoffs game we played against Bruins. Back-to-back disasters.

Have you forgotten Boston was up 3-1 in that series? What do you think this board will be like if Boston goes up 3-1 this year?

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
What a complete and thorough destruction.

I think we played even worse than the last playoffs game we played against Bruins. Back-to-back disasters.
Reimer kept us in the last one tbh. The only reason the series went to 7 is because he stole games 5 and 6. Majority of Leafs fans forget this fact.

I still have faith that Freddie will bounce back. He is very competitive and will become a factor in this series.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Mike “you’re either up one or down one in the playoffs” Babcock :laugh: 5-1 Guy doesn’t have a clue how to coach unless he’s got team Canada or lidstrom datsyuk zetterberg in their primes

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad