GDT: ECQF Game #1; Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | Series Tied 0-0 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
What a complete and thorough destruction.

I think we played even worse than the last playoffs game we played against Bruins. Back-to-back disasters.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
How many of you said that speed and skill will beat size and grittiness? Give your heads of shake. The Leafs are softer than the Michelin Man. This is what they need to get in the offseason.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
At the end of the day, they're both dangerous plays. Anyone who's watched/played hockey knows hitting someone with your elbow after they've been hit can be dangerous.
Sure, they're both dangerous in the same way a butterknife and an assault rifle can both be used as both weapons.

HockeyMad68

Oct 14, 2017
Freddie ain’t been right since that stick by Marchand

Hope he has altogether for next game

This likely why the Bruins lost Florida to draw us not Philly

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Gotta say, didn’t see myself turning the game off early, earlier today. So disappointing.

It’s only game 1. People being over dramatic have gotta stop. It’s the same usual ones though

I think there is one thing we can all agree on...Cor, you can't make GDTs anymore :sarcasm:

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Why is this board full of so many fake fans?

I bet the same people whining about the team being soft are the same ones calling for Kadri to be suspended.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
i'm glad the leafs got their spanking of now.
a lot of the issues were missing chances and the net.

they'll re-adjust and figure things out. i think the game on Saturday will be really different.
Matthews + Nylander need to be better.
so does Bozak + JVR.
hopefully Naz doesn't get suspended for that hit.
Their special teams were trash tonight and I'm hoping that they fix this come game 2. Their PK was a hot mess coming into the playoffs and their possession stats have been around league average throughout the year...which is something that should be magnified in the playoffs.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
We put up a better fight against Washington last year as a worse team against a better team. The Devils put up a better fight against Lightning tonight.

We were absolutely pathetic tonight. Not the team we were all season long.

Meh. Boston is probably a better team then Washington last year.

I dont have a lot of issues with this game. It feels more like one that just got out of hand then one we were really crushed in. How wildly different would this be if we'd scored on one of those early 2nd period PPs?

Reactions: ACC1224

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Komarov is an offensive dead end, I would unironically prefer Martin as a front net presence as he's bigger and stronger and offensively they're the same.

He turns PPs into 4.25 on 4s.

Why can't we just double shift JVR? Not like he skates hard or does anything difficult on the PP, just stands in front and tips pucks, but nope herocock has to have his "gud lines"

did you see the powerplays?
if the answer is yes - you would know that the two of the three we had, the leafs did everything but score. there were several opportunities to score.

if the answer is no, then this statement is just your general "I don't want Komarov playing." (which - i don't either, but blaming tonight's lack of scoring on Komarov - is not fair and just complaining).

Reactions: The Cobra and deepz

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
THESe bruins fans are f***ing disgusting chanting “we want the cup” in game 1 of the 1st round hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad