GDT: ECQF Game 1|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers|An ode to our old friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
But it really isn't.

The game may be more lopsided than it should be but the issues are exactly what were discussed. There is zero reason to expect much different overall in the coming games because the depth issues offensively, defensively, in goal and in coaching ain't changing.

I doubt the Flyers just lay down and take it - they have enough offensive talent to at least start potting some - but I think you're right. The Flyers definitely aren't pushing this one to 7.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I look at him like Letang. As long as it's more good than bad, I'm cool.

Still, Phil needs to turn it up to atleast 5.

That said, I'll note what I've always said about this team: When we get THIS Sid, THIS Geno, and THIS Murray, anything is possible.

He just does not have chemistry with Brassard. At least not that I've seen to date.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Depth is one thing but PIT just has a level of pace that i dunno if PHI can get too. I'll be looking for that ine Game 2.
Why we've looked pretty good defensively tonight. PHI just has limited time and space.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That said your point is good Kirk because the Pens are obviously trying to win this series tonight by completely taking every shred of their will to compete.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory - this is your call to post. All Sully.
ECvFABU.png

u07rTR9.png

OhWXKtw.gif

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Phil's going to be a problem for no matter how long this run lasts.

But he'll also score a ton of important goals and we'll have no idea how to feel.
Thats my feeling too. Partly of his own making by not sitting during the regular season, but gotta give him the benefit of the doubt here. But he should ride the pine for the rest of this game.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm. I have both games on.

Oh. No sorry, I'm typing fast inbetween watching.
Pens games I watch solo. I'll watch the late game always though for the first two week of the first round whichever is the best.
I watch the 7 and 10 games everyday for two weeks. It's a great two weeks.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I look at him like Letang. As long as it's more good than bad, I'm cool.

Still, Phil needs to turn it up to atleast 5.

That said, I'll note what I've always said about this team: When we get THIS Sid, THIS Geno, and THIS Murray, anything is possible.

And this Letang. Best game of the year.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and KIRK

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
The PK has looked good, and Philly has enough top end talent to have a good PP. Hopefully that late season dip in their killing is gone too.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I mean, maybe Giroux should focus on playing hockey instead of making comments about wanting to stop the Penguins because the offseason is annoying when the Pens win.

The Pens have broken a few brains the last two years.

Holtby isn't starting tomorrow because of what the Pens did to him the last two years.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Depth is one thing but PIT just has a level of pace that i dunno if PHI can get too. I'll be looking for that ine Game 2.
Why we've looked pretty good defensively tonight. PHI just has limited time and space.

Jokes aside, they SHOULD be better, more engaged. That's how it tends to work with a team that loses game 1. Not always, of course . . .

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's more than that. Phil has had a rough one on the PP too.
Agreed, but he never really got into the game in the first place. The other lines were rolling from the drop of the puck except his. If he was getting a better feel 5v5, he may have been more into the game by the time the PP's happened. Instead, they all weren't on the same page.

Reactions: KIRK

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Oh. No sorry, I'm typing fast inbetween watching.
Pens games I watch solo. I'll watch the late game always though for the first two week of the first round whichever is the best.
I watch the 7 and 10 games everyday for two weeks. It's a great two weeks.
I'm not really paying attention to the Jets game though.. it's just on in the background and I tune in during commercials for the pens

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Number one positive in this game is that Penguins came out ready with some aggressive hockey and stay disciplined..

Other big positives is Jake,Crosby, Rust Dumoulin, Geno and Murray ... Great Pk...some of the fourth line..
probably forgot some other names as well.

Letang was ok.. play ok smart hockey for now..
They happens to play this way.. stay team ready with team unit d no sloppy hockey .. no shitty pp either..

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

They just need to keep up the pace consistently and Murray needs to continue to play well and they’ll be fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad