GDT: ECQF Game 1|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers|An ode to our old friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Number one positive in this game is that Penguins came out ready with some aggressive hockey and stay disciplined..

Other big positives is Jake,Crosby, Rust Dumoulin, Geno and Murray ... Great Pk...some of the fourth line..
probably forgot some other names as well.

Letang was ok.. play ok smart hockey for now..
They happens to play this way.. stay team ready with team unit d no sloppy hockey .. no ****ty pp either..

Letang was better than okay going into this period. A lot better.

Reactions: vabm8 and Tom Hanks

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Phil is Phil's fault right now. Sheahan isn't with him on the PP.
Like I said with Kirk, his line never even got started from the drop of the puck tonight. The other lines were rolling and his wasn't. By the time the PP's' came around he wasn't into the game while the other guys were. It caused a disjointed mess. I can't remember too many shifts where Brassard and Kessel looked good together. And not just tonight either.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Me right now

giphy.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm not really paying attention to the Jets game though.. it's just on in the background and I tune in during commercials for the pens
It takes too much effort to watch two games in the post season. You can do it when there is a 7pm game and 730pm game cause they rotate perfect between intermission and play.
I can't do two at the same time though. Lessens enjoyment.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jokes aside, they SHOULD be better, more engaged. That's how it tends to work with a team that loses game 1. Not always, of course . . .

Wasn’t there some stat from last year’s POs that the team that blew out one team in a series came back and lost the next game, or something like that

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's more than that. Phil has had a rough one on the PP too.
I think they will have to manage where to put him so when he is not playing well exerts the least amount of damage and drag some guys down...i.e. he must play with one combo that hustles a lot and can keep the control of the puck regardless of F3

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Reminds me of the Pens in 2008. Young team just not ready yet. Yeah I know it is way premature, but if this plays out as most expect the Flyers can take heart with what looks to be ahead for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad