Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - No reason to panic yet but there are concerns - Whalercanes 5 BRUINS 1

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not limited to just last night. Bruins had 2nd worst shooting percentage in the league this year, and it's not just a this year problem either. Probably a systemic issue, combined with lack of shooting talent.
Yeah the numbers speak for themselves but 88\63 can score and they were blanked, especially frustrating was on the PP.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
John Moore was on that team... He's currently in the AHL lol

If Clifton went the way of the AHL next season, no one and I mean no one would be surprised. They may be disappointed because he shows heart, but he would go the way of Hunwick and Kampfer and it would be less than a month and everyone would forget about his "value".

Hunwick? Hunwick played in over 500+ NHL games and less than half as many NCAA and AHL games from the time he was drafted in 2004 and retired 15 years later.

The fact that you relegate players such as Hunwick to " forgetability"
status shows a way over the top dismissive attitude.

Lets get something straight, you speak for no one but yourself and people have already commented not agreeing with you on Clifton here.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They will not miss time but they both look to be at 50 or 60 percent. Not making an excuse but pasta in particular isn't Pasta-not close.

We will find out about #88 by the end of tonight but I don't think Marchand is
that impacted. Marchand skated hard and was using his edges pretty much
as he always does. He looked like he might have taken a slash during the game
that might have bothered him.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
We will find out about #88 by the end of tonight but I don't think Marchand is
that impacted. Marchand skated hard and was using his edges pretty much
as he always does. He looked like he might have taken a slash during the game
that might have bothered him.
I do not think Marchy has been right since the Hathaway hit in early April ,and think it has worsened or he has picked another upper body injury since.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I do not think Marchy has been right since the Hathaway hit on April 10,and think it has worsened or he has picked another upper body injury since.

Yeah but he was playing ok after he came back until he was suspended. The suspension looks like it threw him off track. I still expect Marchand to impact
the series offensively.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trying to understand your post. Ullmarks fault but it's not? They lost because they didn't finish on the good chances they had. Plain and simple.
I agree with you they need to finish, all I was trying to say , I was not blaming Ullmark ,but a couple of goals he could have played them better........... I blame the offense no doubt but if they were putting the puck in the net than Ullmark would have been questioned.......

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When I had season tickets to Whalers games in Hartford, the biggest difference on the ice was that there was always pushing and shoving going on in front of the Whalers goalie. At the other end, nothing. That memory of Whalers past unfortunately is being duplicate by the Bruins. Against the descendants of the Whale. And this is the playoffs!
I hear ya, so frustrating, especially watching other series going on with that happening literally every shift

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I feel Bruins just need that 1 win against this team and they will take over the series.
Be nice to get a lead on them for a change.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They need to score first tonight, take a early lead, and force Carolina to change the way they usually like to play

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Lol ok.

There is something broken about people logging in to this thing with 1000 posts since 2008 and only showing up after big losses to say how the franchise should fold. Let's be real here. Posters being positive is not even close to that level of insufferable.
That is your opinion. Over positive in denial is as bad as over the board negative. That is my opinion. An example of that... I personally don't believe in this version of the Bruins... To the pom pom waivers I'm the enemy. 😂
Post automatically merged:

No panic just play business like in game 2. Bury those chances this time.
No book it this time... are you losing faith? Are you joining the insufferable negatives. 🤣

Reactions: The don godfather

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
That is your opinion. Over positive in denial is as bad as over the board negative. That is my opinion. An example of that... I personally don't believe in this version of the Bruins... To the pom pom waivers I'm the enemy. 😂

No book it this time... are you losing faith? Are you joining the insufferable negatives. 🤣

It's not really worth continuing this conversation but there is a lot more evidence that this team is in fact, pretty good, than there is to support your opinion. You're right that you're entitled to it, but this is a discussion board. Conflating positivity with denial and calling those posters "pom pom waivers" is toxic troll shit. So ya, if that's how you go about interacting with them, I'd guess they'd see you that way. and for good reason.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

The day hasn't finished my friend I take my book it seriously thinking of the bruin that's gonna score tonight and I'm leaning on Coyle.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Meh, I don't see the whole suspension argument. MIght make him think and slow him occasionally, but I just do not see it.
You would think this was the case but his play says otherwise. Could be a coincidence but maybe not.

I'm not saying this is a fact, but it is possible that it affected him psychologically and he's second guessing himself and holding back or maybe he's just a little fed up and has lost a little of his edge. idk. Whatever it is he has to be better.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's not really worth continuing this conversation but there is a lot more evidence that this team is in fact, pretty good, than there is to support your opinion. You're right that you're entitled to it, but this is a discussion board. Conflating positivity with denial and calling those posters "pom pom waivers" is toxic troll shit. So ya, if that's how you go about interacting with them, I'd guess they'd see you that way. and for good reason.

Its like the majority of everything in life, IT DEPENDS. Lots of the "toxic troll shit" absolutely can be and is initiated by personal insults, both ways. So why act surprised
when people slam each other back and forth and sideways, six ways to Sunday?

This isn't a gathering of TED in Geneva, Switzerland. Just either ignore it or
just take it in stride. I've been slammed plenty and literally have had someone
brush off one of my children's horrible health issues by posting we all have crosses
to bare and that person is one of the "positive" posters. Still didn't put them or anyone on ignore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad