Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - BRUINS 5 Hogtown 1 - Bruins lead series 1-0

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Should be an advantage as long as there healthy and Monty handles them properly,not like last year.

Just stick with the Go Bruins Go ,I don’t mind mocking a goalie ,definitely stay away with the we want the cup,that’s cringeworthy in the first round.

Mocking the opponent always reminds me of Darryl Strawberry.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I went with Jessie (original member here and homie) and he looked at me the second the USA chant started and said ‘so f’n stupid’

Couldn’t agree more

Anyone chanting it you are a moron
Especially when Mathews is American. He wants his flat tires pumped. There are thousands of Bruin fans in the Great White North eh! I may look like a "hoser" with my Bruin touque on but lots of people say nice touque. Must be Leaf haters.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Suuuure.

He's not going to announce his starter throughout the series. Better get used to it.

Was thinking the same. Having to prepare to play one of two great goalies has to play in their heads even just a little. Hard to make a game plan that way

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Debrusk is what he is. Not gonna change. He is a Micheal Ryder clone. Coasted through regular season only to turn on the jets in the playoffs. Some fans hated Ryder for this, but if all Debrusk does is show up big for playoffs I’m fine with that. Ryder was huge in 2011. Should’ve had a hat trick last night.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Loved the game but I am telling you all right now - if they don’t clean up their zone exits they are gonna be in real trouble. Hampus in particular was awful on this level.

Great win but they have another gear in the form of defensive responsibility and they’d better find it.

I was thinking this too. I thought TO just couldn’t get going and had a few times of good pressure but didn’t build off anything like their first goal. The 5 on 3 also killed them as that was a perfect gift at the start of a period. Credit to our PK there also. They tie the game it’s a different story.

Leafs are better than what we saw. Give the Bruins credit no doubt, but I would expect to see a much better game from Toronto tomorrow.

Let’s Go Bruins!!!

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Debrusk is what he is. Not gonna change. He is a Micheal Ryder clone. Coasted through regular season only to turn on the jets in the playoffs. Some fans hated Ryder for this, but if all Debrusk does is show up big for playoffs I’m fine with that. Ryder was huge in 2011. Should’ve had a hat trick last night.
Love the jake!

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Bruins turned to lead protection 17:34 2nd period at 4 zip.

East coast also big on the bruins.

Bruin fandom in Canada? My guess is the Bobby Orr influence.
Esposito, Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand….so many players that play the right way… too many to list.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I was thinking this too. I thought TO just couldn’t get going and had a few times of good pressure but didn’t build off anything like their first goal. The 5 on 3 also killed them as that was a perfect gift at the start of a period. Credit to our PK there also. They tie the game it’s a different story.

Leafs are better than what we saw. Give the Bruins credit no doubt, but I would expect to see a much better game from Toronto tomorrow.

Let’s Go Bruins!!!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Just another lucky +3 for Lindholm.
There is no defenseman in the league who is infallible on clearing attempts. Watch Heiskanen, Fox, etc. on any given night and see similar.

Did it seem like Lindholm was more efficient pre-playoffs last year?

Yes.

But he's on the ice big minutes against top lines.

I'm not nervous with him on the backend; very good player, even with his B game.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I noticed that they weren’t really feeding him too much on the PP. He was sitting there absolutely wide open on that 4 on 3. When he was getting shots off they looked very dangerous
Yeah, it's like they're not confident that the man on the point can blister one home. Too many PPs without that component will do that to a team.

Reactions: Aeroforce

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
2. WSBK TV38 had a powerful UHF signal that reached into Canada and fed anyone who wanted it a steady diet of Bruins hockey. Almost kind of a “Radio Free Europe” kind of thing. Winning of hearts and minds.

A bit before my time but I recall reading that this was a big reason for the Bruins popularity on the East Coast of Canada.

In my neck of the woods I consider the Bruins the 3rd most popular team (after the Leafs and Habs). I have met and know more Bruins fans than any of the Western Canadian teams or Ottawa. I actually consider Detroit to be the 4th most popular team here.

Although Ottawa has developed a following here where the East Coast is considered their local market for blackout purposes. Similar to how the Bruins built their East Coast Canadian fanbase years ago.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
The only way to keeping the goalie rotation alive, is to switch to the other one the next game, if the goalie lost the last one. Imagine the Bruins switch to Ullmark for game 2, he lays a stinker and they lose the game. They would be back to discussing who to play to. Who wins stays in net, that should be they way to go.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The only way to keeping the goalie rotation alive, is to switch to the other one the next game, if the goalie lost the last one. Imagine the Bruins switch to Ullmark for game 2, he lays a stinker and they lose the game. They would be back to discussing who to play to. Who wins stays in net, that should be they way to go.
Not really.

If you go every other game, we’re not discussing who should play in Game 3. It would be Swayman either way.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don’t get all the hate for people chanting USA, it’s an American city and they all do it. It’s just a chant and nothing to get worked up over. I wouldn’t complain. if the Canadian fans chanted Canada in their home rink, it’s really much ado about nothing.
I think it's stupid for any fan base to chant for their country in an NHL game with players on the roster from all over the world

..save it for the Olympics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad