Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - BRUINS 3 Sunrise 1 - Boston leads series 1-0

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Gotta admit a bit jealous on how your team plays...its almost surreal...as I said just a machine...cool if you guys win it all this year good luck from a jets fan
There's a random Jets fan on Lynn Fells Pkwy near the Stoneham/Melrose line; I know this because the house flies a giant-ass Jets flag.

Is that you?:laugh:

Reactions: Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Like a few others on here, I had a stomach bug in March. I don't know what was worse, the "obvious" symptoms or the lethargy/body aches. Energy was incredibly low. I'm just about the furthest thing from a professional athlete but there was a lot more to it than the nausea in my case. It cleared up in 4-5 days, but I also wasn't playing 60 minute playoff hockey games every other day.
did you have prednisone??

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Never Forget

Bergeron recalls crush of pain in Cup finals

“Bergeron suffered torn rib cartilage in Game 4 of the finals, a broken rib on his left side in Game 5 and a separated right shoulder and a punctured left lung in Game 6. The puncture eventually caused the lung to collapse, and Bergeron ended up in the hospital following Game 6, spending three days there.”
Hawks had an awesome team that year. Not taking away from them winning at all, but a healthy Bergeron in the finals and we have our second Cup in 2 years.

What a freaking warrior!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
ESPN said a few times that Grizz was a healthy scratch? Do the Bruins brass really think he is to small and weak for this series? While Florida did crash the net a bit and get some rebound chances I still dont see the logic of this move. If this was the plan, why did Orlov not play alot with McAvoy down the stretch? They didn't look so hot together last night.

There's pros and cons with any selection choice on D. Play Gryz and you'll definitely have a better time generating offense, but then you've got less size and physical presence to work with in protecting the crease against a team that likes to muck around the net a hell of a lot, and one less option to use in killing penalties and late leads. That's especially relevant to me when Lindholm was clearly under the weather. Forbort's ability to protect the house and soak up tough minutes is really useful against a high-shot, pucks to the net team like the Panthers.

You could also consider Gryz over Cliffy but then you're removing a right D for a left, and that means moving more pieces around and potentially losing some cohesion. Still an option, but not a simple or self-evidentiary one.

I think Monty has at least three things in mind with scratching Gryz - there are other defenders who are more than capable of stepping up and delivering good transitional play (McAvoy, Lindy, Orlov, even Clifton) and they need to do so, more than they did last night; he wants defenders who are multi-situational and give him versatility in dealing with particular circumstances, and Forbort offers more of that than Gryz; and playoff games are won from the back end, so make sure your play in your own zone is as strong as possible and then take care of the rest, and again it's advantage Forbort here.

As I said in another post, I'm sure we'll see Grzelcyk at some point and I back him to do a solid job when he gets his chance. But for now, as he's proven a billion times by now, Monty knows what he's doing, so he has all my trust.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
did you have prednisone??

I only get prednisone when my asthma is really bad. Never heard anyone getting prescribed that for the norovirus. I believe they can prescribe it though. Considering he's a big time athlete, I'm sure they gave him everything they have.

The weakness and lack of energy sucks! I fully expect him to return soon though!

Reactions: Gordoff

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I only get prednisone when my asthma is really bad. Never heard anyone getting prescribed that for the norovirus. I believe they can prescribe it though. Considering he's a big time athlete, I'm sure they gave him everything they have.

The weakness and lack of energy sucks! I fully expect him to return soon though!
It's anti-inflammatory, so will work on any inflammation, including stomach. My honest belief though - that's one of the nastiest medications in existence. Took me close to a year to get over diabetes that I got as a side effect from it under control. It also stops any healing processes, which makes you recover from any damage much longer.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
There's pros and cons with any selection choice on D. Play Gryz and you'll definitely have a better time generating offense, but then you've got less size and physical presence to work with in protecting the crease against a team that likes to muck around the net a hell of a lot, and one less option to use in killing penalties and late leads. That's especially relevant to me when Lindholm was clearly under the weather. Forbort's ability to protect the house and soak up tough minutes is really useful against a high-shot, pucks to the net team like the Panthers.

You could also consider Gryz over Cliffy but then you're removing a right D for a left, and that means moving more pieces around and potentially losing some cohesion. Still an option, but not a simple or self-evidentiary one.

I think Monty has at least three things in mind with scratching Gryz - there are other defenders who are more than capable of stepping up and delivering good transitional play (McAvoy, Lindy, Orlov, even Clifton) and they need to do so, more than they did last night; he wants defenders who are multi-situational and give him versatility in dealing with particular circumstances, and Forbort offers more of that than Gryz; and playoff games are won from the back end, so make sure your play in your own zone is as strong as possible and then take care of the rest, and again it's advantage Forbort here.

As I said in another post, I'm sure we'll see Grzelcyk at some point and I back him to do a solid job when he gets his chance. But for now, as he's proven a billion times by now, Monty knows what he's doing, so he has all my trust.
Except Forbort isn’t better than Grizz at preventing chances and playing in his own end. Don’t need stats for that just watch him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Of course. As I've said previously, I lean towards Gryz too. But what do you think the logic behind the decision is?
He was banged up at the end of the season, and possibly had the crud that’s going around, so while he might be ‘healthy’ he could also be still recovering. In that case a fully fit Forbort makes sense.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
it was a tad worse than theopening call on ekblad. the refs started the game really bad.
Even worse was the two they missed leading up to the weak Ekblad call, the high stick by Montour on Marchand, and the trip by Montour on Pasta in the neutral zone. Not a good start by the stripes, but not surprising, considering their performance all season long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad