Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1 F - Bruins lead series 1-0

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Lucky win. They need to play better, or they won't be winning the series.

I think the complete opposite...they stole this game and will be better going forward with players getting healthier (hopefully). They will win the series.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
nay nay

As discussed in the GDT it is the strategy I took for the Super Bowl and it worked.

Therefore it was decided I do so again.

Hey Wally, with your strategy and my unforgiving curse towards the despicable CH team, I think we will be just fine.:)

I think it is time to nick name you as Rip Van Wally or Wally Van Ripple or Sleep Wally Lullabye....maybe we can get a poll going...:laugh:

Thank you for your part Wally and hopefully those low life scabs will fall apart sooner than later....:handclap:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
No he wasn't. He was constantly getting walked, turning the puck over blindly, falling around.

He was not good.

He had a rough first period when the Sense seemed like they were in another gear. But aside from the skate blade breaking, and one other play where Chara's outlet up the wall got read by the Sens and turned it over, I thought he was great.

I mean it's no secret that to beat Chara you need speed. Sens did that in the first, but I don't feel that's how they're going to be able to play for the entire series. They definitely slowed down after that period.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Anyone else think Kevan Miller just played the best game of his career?

He has been very good for awhile.

Charlie (when asked how his first game went) said " Kevan Miller made it much easier for me".;)

I can tell you he is a leader on the bench.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Agreed. Not sure what he did to get into the doghouse of this organization, but I thought he was decent in the small sample size he got this season.

Might be in the minority but I think he looks lost defensively whenever he plays. His speed/first pass would help against the trap though.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Morrow is fine in space, but when pressured, he's a gong show. Skating and ability are there, but I don't know if playoff hockey would be where I want to see our perennial bench warmer to finally get some reps.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
At times he moved his feet and transitioned the puck smartly, and other times he just stood still and hot potato-ed the puck with no target. At 40 years old playing big minutes we'll just have to accept he'll get tired and do that.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
That 1-0 OT win vs the Bolts a few years ago would be a great example of a game that was mind numbing from the opening drop of the puck for entertainment value

None of the games against Tampa went to OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad