Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1 F - Bruins lead series 1-0

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Not certain this has been discussed adnosium but I'm disgusted with the refs handling of Boroweski. F that guy! Running players. Charging. Knee on knee. Absolute crap IMHO.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Not certain this has been discussed adnosium but I'm disgusted with the refs handling of Boroweski. F that guy! Running players. Charging. Knee on knee. Absolute crap IMHO.

Would have been a major and possibly a game in the regular season. Should have been in the playoffs too. Sens fans on the main board saying the typical "it was Miller's fault for being in the way of Boro's knee" BS we heard after Cooke kneed Barrie.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

All I can figure is none of them can pronounce his name, so they just let him be. ;)

Under the 'grass is green' and 'water is blue' category, I successfully predicted a 2-1 game. I'm just glad it happened toward the end of the third period, instead of the end of the second overtime that I predicted.

The second period was ugly, and I've no doubts we'll see the likes of that again. But they persevered and found a way to win.

And that was a great shot by Vatrano. Hopefully that instills some confidence and swagger in his game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed. Not sure what he did to get into the doghouse of this organization, but I thought he was decent in the small sample size he got this season.

He was, and I think most of it is he is a victim of carrying 8 D (something I hope we don't see next season), then the better/more trusted D-men being relatively healthy most of the year up until the end at least, in addition to being waiver-eligible and the team not wanting to risk losing him for nothing.

I still think he'll go on to be a capable puck-moving D-man somewhere, probably not in Boston however.

That being said, given his lack of playing time, any one of Cross/Gryz/O'Gara are better options at this point.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins up to -420 to win the Series vs Ottawa now

biggest favorite of any team in the league to advance to the 2nd round

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't know man.
our injuries on D are gonna hurt us.

Still think this is anyones series.

I think the injury thing is balanced, Karlsson, as you probably noticed, looked not even close to being 100%, Methot will have not played in game action in a almost a month I think by the time he`s ready if he is for this series.

Something not right with Stone I heard on TSN Radio out of Ottawa (they didn`t specify) and Turris apparantly has been fighting either a wrist or finger ailment and Ceci isn`t 100%

This comes down to one thing IMO, the B`s ability to get behind the Sens D, if they can play behind them, our boys will win

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Great comeback after that dreadful 2nd period. This win is on Tuukka. Kept us alive while we slept in period 2. They fell into the Ottawa trap that period, no forechecking at all.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
Everyone is different of course but anyone who didn't find that game exciting, in my opinion, needs a pulse.

Great game. Second period problems as usual, no doubt compounded by the reality of losing a 3rd defenceman in a week or so, but man no give up at all.

And that Marchand goal, had to be shift of the year. I kept rising in my seat higher and higher as the shift when on, by the time Brad put it in i was standing up yelling at the screen. Awesome.

Really great return to playoff hockey.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Wow what a game. The atmosphere in the arena was incredible.

Was literally sitting in the last row, so i had a great view of the arena. All of the Sens fans sitting near me were very respectful, except for a few chirps after we won

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I know it's the playoffs and all...

But I'd be totally fine pulling Schaller out of the line up to call up and dress someone like Randall to make a statement.

That said, yea, B's need to be careful, Boroweicki is gonna continue to keep playing like that. With the microscope on Marchand, I think it wouldn't be a completely bad idea to have someone with an edge playing that doesn't need to be playing big minutes either.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Might be in the minority but I think he looks lost defensively whenever he plays. His speed/first pass would help against the trap though.

He is totally lost defensively and took a big step back this yr . Most people putting their two cents in here thought he was 100x better than kevan, 100 x better than liles , 50 x better than mcquaid and 25 x better than carlo when he played so I would take their scouting report with a grain of salt. If he does play we will try to hide him for eight minutes .

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Bruins up to -420 to win the Series

Haha, 420? Count us in!

slide1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad