GDT: ECQF | Game 1 | 5/2 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00 PM ET | RDS, CBC, CNBC Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
How was that not an interference penalty against Ottawa?

Desharnais never touched the puck, the guy literally threw him to the ice .

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
Price was bad for 1 period; Desharnais, Gionta, Plekanec, Markov, Diaz and Gorges were bad since the first minute. But it's all Price's fault.

If I'm MT, I pull Diaz in favour of Kabs tomorrow. He's been terrible and is the main reason for Eller's injury.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How was that not an interference penalty against Ottawa?

Desharnais never touched the puck, the guy literally threw him to the ice .

Not a penalty if a sudden shift of air pressure knocks that worthless piece of **** onto the ice.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
How do you lose a game where you dominate the other team? You put Price, the human sieve, in nets.

What astounds me is if Budaj was in nets tonight we would be winning. Price hasn't made any save worth mentioning.

I would put Budaj in for the remaining games.

I've had it with Price. At the end of the year he's traded and I would look for another goalie.

We're never going to win with Price. I've defended him long enough. Tonight he lost me.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's a case of MacLean showing why he'll win the Jack Adams.

Ottawa had no business winning this game, outside of Anderson turning on beast mode. Down 2-1 in the second intermission, it must have been one hell of a speech to give. Hats off to him. He identified to his players what the weaknesses of the Habs are and on the few shots they took, they exploited them.

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
omg.. I can't take these posts anymore.

When you get stoned by a good goalie and your goalie lays eggs after eggs and when every shots end up in the net it completely deflates the team.

Sens got eaten alive in the first 2 periods. But their goalie stepped up and now they're winning. Maybe you guys will understand what a good goalie can do for a team one day. The habs showed up to play tonight and our superstar #1 goalie did not. Not at all.

Exactly.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Diaz was decent, albeit inconsistent up until the Eller hit. He gets a pass. The rest? Awful. But my major concern with Price is his inability to bail us out of a bad period, let alone a game. You see what Anderson is doing? When has Price done that?

Diaz does have an excuse, but he's a complete disaster because of it.

I say this as someone who honestly will admit that I wanted to keep Halak because I doubted Price's ability to win in the playoffs. I still don't know. But when the entire team collapses after one bad goal? That's not on the goalie.

I'm finished with having terrible Habs teams that need an out of their mind goalie to bail them out. Good teams make good goalies.

Young Gun

Nov 9, 2009
Mental lapse price blows another , nothing new there, been going on since his first year...

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Maybe Price will bounce back next year, but I'm all for going with Budaj from here on out this year.

Live and die with Price this year. If he continues to play like ****, then you know what you have and you seriously look for an alternative for the future.

Team is looking good, Price is bad. End of story.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's a case of MacLean showing why he'll win the Jack Adams.

Ottawa had no business winning this game, outside of Anderson turning on beast mode. Down 2-1 in the second intermission, it must have been one hell of a speech to give. Hats off to him. He identified to his players what the weaknesses of the Habs are and on the few shots they took, they exploited them.

He didn't have to do anything. He had to let Therrien coach.

5 minute PP.. 5-on-3.. we don't see the powerplay unit that scored the goal right off the bat again? Tell me how that's good coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad