Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 1 4/12 7 PM - BRUINS at Ottawa - Game 1 | NESN, SN, NHLN (US), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
I wouldn't read to much into these pairings, seems like Cassidy is in experimental mode as he's now tried McAvoy with Liles, Chara, and now Kevan in practice since he signed Monday.

Makes sense to get him at least a little time with each potential partner.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Just wanted to pop in and give a friendly wish for a good series tonight to everyone before the bloodshed starts and we all hate each other in 6 hours :)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Prepping for the playoffs by watching some old YouTube videos. Watched the highlights from that 2014 Detroit series. Rask was amazing. Other three best players were Smith, Iginla and Dougie.

Really miss Lucic in a series like this. Hopefully Backes has the same type effect with the hitting. Beleskey and Vatrano really need to contribute for us to win IMO.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just wanted to pop in and give a friendly wish for a good series tonight to everyone before the bloodshed starts and we all hate each other in 6 hours :)

I always kind of thought of the Sens fans as our allies in the eternal war against the Habs. A truce so to speak.

That is all over now.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Thanks for the info folks.

I like the Chara-McQuaid pairing on the PK, especially at 5vs3. Hopefully McQuaid can keep his game simple and not try to do too much because the last thing we need is another injury.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I've seen a lot of the advanced stats people calling this the "series they feel most sure about" in reference to us winning. Wish I shared their optimism...

same here.
Don't understand why we are favored by so many.
I think we will have a hard time scoring on Anderson. We always do.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Top 5 Senators Forwards performing well in roughly their last 15 games, heading into the playoffs:
  • Mike Hoffman - 6 goals; 11 primary points; 19:20 ATOI
  • Kyle Turris - 5 goals; 11 primary points; 20:10 ATOI; 55.33% faceoffs
  • Alex Burrows - 3 goals; 6 primary points; 13:56 ATOI
  • J.G. Pageau - 3 goals; 4 primary points; 16:05 ATOI; 52.72% faceoffs
  • Tom Pyatt - 3 goals; 4 primary points; 15:24 ATOI

Top 5 Bruins Forwards performing well in roughly their last 15 games, heading into the playoffs:
  • Brad Marchand - 7 goals; 12 primary points; 19:34 ATOI
  • David Pastrnak - 7 goals; 11 primary points; 18:00 ATOI
  • Patrice Bergeron - 4 goals; 9 primary points; 20:12 ATOI; 64.52% faceoffs
  • David Krejci - 5 goals; 8 primary points; 18:06 ATOI; 51.58% faceoffs
  • David Backes - 4 goals; 5 primary points; 16:12 ATOI

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I just want the Bruins fan base to know that there is no other team on this planet that I despise more than the CH and the good news is I decided earlier this morning to lay down my playoff curse on the stinking scabs team which I have been doing since their last one in 1993.
I have to be honest and say that I pushed myself harder to go through it since I was very much disconnected with hockey all year and all I needed to do was watch and listen to a few local hockey broadcasters to get my mood where it needed to be to loathe the scabs and curse them properly for the playoffs.

I felt I had an obligation to honor the bruins fans and not to let you down in any way possible, therefore the curse has been set upon that stinking no good scab team and may the B's do as well as they could and have a great playoff ride of their own...:handclap:

There, now I somehow feel so much better than I did any other past day.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not sure why I do this at playoff time but I always have when time is on my side and our boys about to head into round one versus whomever but been listening to TSN radio out of Ottawa, some good chat, it`s NOT all Sens/Bruins chat I warn you but still been some interesting stuff here for anyone doing what I`m doing, pacing back and forth in our condo, staring down the dog who is anticipating a walk letting him know this is a big night for me/us and telling him (despite he`s now deaf) that I don`t want to hear one peep outta him tonight once the puck drops:)

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I just want the Bruins fan base to know that there is no other team on this planet that I despise more and the good news is I decided earlier this morning to lay down my playoff curse on the scabs team which I have been doing since their last one in 1993.
I have to be honest and say that I pushed myself harder to go through it since I was very much disconnected with hockey all year and all I needed to do was watch and listen to a few local hockey broadcasters to get my mood where it needed to be to loathe the scabs and curse them properly for the playoffs.

I felt I had an obligation to honor the bruins fans and not to let you down in any way possible, therefore the curse has been set upon that stinking no good scab team and may the B's do as well as they could and have a great playoff ride of their own...:handclap:

Thanks Strange U! It wouldn't be the playoffs without your '93 Forever curse.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just want the Bruins fan base to know that there is no other team on this planet that I despise more than the CH and the good news is I decided earlier this morning to lay down my playoff curse on the stinking scabs team which I have been doing since their last one in 1993.

Wish the Habs nothing but...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhfKprc6S0

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Last minute decision to make the trip to Ottawa for the game. Hope we could find some tickets from our friends outside Canadian Tire Centre.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Thank you!

Go Rangers!

1993 Forever!

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
with all the injuries and patchwork defense, I'd be really happy if we can steal one game in Ottawa.

As long as we go out and play like Bruins, maybe our offense and Rask carry the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad