Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 1 4/12 7 PM - BRUINS at Ottawa - Game 1 | NESN, SN, NHLN (US), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Let's go B's! Expecting a fight or two tonight.

really? I see 0 chances of that happening. I "think" in the Leafs series we may see Martin vs Wilson but that`s about it, and the only other series I see potential for fireworks is the Ducks/Flames series, other than that, I see this playoffs being just like the majority in the last decade, virtually no scraps, too many scrums

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Excited to see McAvoy play. Hope the vets can step up and make up for the injuries.

"make up for the injuries"? I don`t expect that, I wish for it but that`s not reasonable IMO

I hope the kid just plays his game, makes simple decisions and maybe, just maybe, gives a bit of a lift of offense from the back end, he`ll make some mistakes, whether they will hurt the team on the scoreboard or not time will tell

If that happens, I`ll be more than satisfied. I dunno, I`m reading and hearing plenty of chat around him ,Bob Mackenzie on TSN Overdrive last night most recently, who said this kid just doesn`t have the makeup to be overwhelmed by a moment, saying he`s done little other than play in huge games for his University and country and all he does is impress by embracing the big moments.

Looking forward to seeing how the kid reacts but one guy I`m really looking forward to seeing is Pasta and how he plays in playoff game #1. I had no idea until yesterday that Riley Nash had never played in a NHL playoff game either

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Just play the way we all know you can play.

Win or lose I love my Bruins and am happy with the direction they're going.

I hope we get back a few players but the others just have to step up.

Go Bruins!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Good luck everyone. Sending positive vibes to everyone not named Marchand on your squad.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
I really like Boro to be honest. He hits hard and mostly clean, guy's a work horse.

He's a bit like McQuade in some regards. Believe he led the league in hits and the next in line was somewhere around 60 behind. He is awaiting shoulder surgery in the off season which means he is playing hurt. Unlike Krug's previous shoulder problems and his surgery this past off season, when you are a D man not know for shooting the puck and playing on the PP it's a little easier to get by.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
One of the few old school guys left. Every casual Bruins fan will know his name by the end of this series. I'd almost bet money he will put one of them out for the series/playoffs

He pinches to make body contact A LOT!

Bruins should game plan around this IMO

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Chara - McQuaid
K. Miller - McAvoy
Liles - C. Miller

I wouldn't read to much into these pairings, seems like Cassidy is in experimental mode as he's now tried McAvoy with Liles, Chara, and now Kevan in practice since he signed Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad