Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G1 - 4/11 7:12 PM - (A3) Toronto at (A2) BRUINS - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, SN (4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
So psyched for this series. Lot of strategic angles in this one.

I think we're going to see the Bruins take advantage of Zaitsev. Even when first to the puck he seems prone to coughing it up in deep. And often out of position. Attach his side with the cross ice pass. And beat on Riely.

LFG!!!

Reactions: bbfan419

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A source talked to Ty Domi and Domi said Leafs have multiple little gangs and clicks in the room.
Not like the Habs, where they were doing everything as a team.

I always wonder about teams that have multiple high draft picks, like Toronto, Buffalo, Edmonton....there still seems to be something missing. Whether the above is true or not, we will probably never know, but it may not be a great way to build a team with character. There could be a lot of egos in that room which is why it seems they don't really play as a group but are more individualistic.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Interesting stuff (if true...who knows at the end of the day).

It comes from an ex politician, now a politics analyst in a cogeco Montreal radio station. His name is Luc Lavoie.

He was having a glass of wine at the bar of a high end Italian restaurant in montreal.

Wen 2 seats from him he recognizes Ty Domi.
They start chatting.

This was the next day after the Habs beat Tampa.

Lavoie was sharing his encounter with Ty Domi.
I do believe it it, it was meant to gloat about his son having the time of his life ,in a team that had the best team spirit where they were having fun,did everything together all the time.
In comparison to Toronto having a dysfunctional locker room.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and Alicat

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I always wonder about teams that have multiple high draft picks, like Toronto, Buffalo, Edmonton....there still seems to be something missing. Whether the above is true or not, we will probably never know, but it may not be a great way to build a team with character. There could be a lot of egos in that room which is why it seems they don't really play as a group but are more individualistic.
for every Toronto, Buffalo, & Edmonton there's a Pittsburgh, Chicago & LA though.

I agree that ego can certainly be a problem with talented players, but I don't see it as a trend that is derailing teams any more than it is helping teams.

Reactions: HustleB and caz16

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Hoping Clifton starts over Kampfer. We could use the threat of his open ice/huge hits as a scare tactic for some of those faster/shiftier Leafs players. They may think twice knowing Clifton is always looking to annihilate someone.

I'd prefer Backes drawing in vs Nordstrom. Leadership, grit, and the guy has scored over 20 goals multiple times vs Nordstrom who's basically done nothing his entire career.

B's really need to just come out and play their game and I'm confident they can win this series in 6. Anyone saying a sweep is nuts.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hoping Clifton starts over Kampfer. We could use the threat of his open ice/huge hits as a scare tactic for some of those faster/shiftier Leafs players. They may think twice knowing Clifton is always looking to annihilate someone.

I'd prefer Backes drawing in vs Nordstrom. Leadership, grit, and the guy has scored over 20 goals multiple times vs Nordstrom who's basically done nothing his entire career.

B's really need to just come out and play their game and I'm confident they can win this series in 6. Anyone saying a sweep is nuts.
Backes doesn't kill penalties like Nordstrom does plus Nordstrom is much faster than Backes.

Reactions: TCB and bbfan419

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Just looked at NHL playoffs for 52, 55 and 14, I sure hope Kuraly comes back quickly.
Kuraly 16 games 4 goals, Acciari 16 games 2 goals, Wagner 21 games 3 goals. If you can get 9 goals in the playoffs out of these 3, while the other lines play to their level, I like their chances.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
A source talked to Ty Domi and Domi said Leafs have multiple little gangs and clicks in the room.
Not like the Habs, where they were doing everything as a team.

A recent interview with Domi also saw him say that anything he did on the ice was in the name of winning. I thought back to the some of the antics he pulled, which were clearly about himself, putting himself before the team. Fighting at the wrong time in games, cheap shots on multiple players which got him tossed and/or suspended leaving his team to kill penalties or play without him, showboating, fighting with fans. And there are countless videos where he incited and then ducked an opponent when you'd have thought the time WAS right.

Tough guy who often stood up for his teammates, but when I think of guys who were dedicated to winning and did everything with that goal in mind, Domi doesn't come to mind.

Reactions: BMC

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Eek - I'm so excited and nervous. So many butterflies.

We are a better team and we can win this but taking Toronto lightly is a mistake. I think Cassidy and team know this. They have some big flaws - they're soft, they're poor defensively and Andersen is very inconsistent. But they are also the most explosive offensive team in the league after Tampa and can score 3 goals in no time. Marner scares me a lot and he's even better with Tavares.

I was looking through some team stats and I think scoring first and having a strong first period is going to be key. Toronto has a great record when leading after the first period and so do we. Toronto has the highest winning % when leading after 2 periods.

Basically I think one of the keys to this series is scoring first and scoring early. Maintaining a lead is going to be huge.

Reactions: TheBigThree

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I'm very interested in the coaching match-up in the series. Obviously Cassidy has done a great job developing the kids and building confidence, but you can't keep overlooking mistakes in the playoffs like you can in the regular season (especially on the defense). Very curious if he'll have a short leash or still put them right back out after a big mistake.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
A recent interview with Domi also saw him say that anything he did on the ice was in the name of winning. I thought back to the some of the antics he pulled, which were clearly about himself, putting himself before the team. Fighting at the wrong time in games, cheap shots on multiple players which got him tossed and/or suspended leaving his team to kill penalties or play without him, showboating, fighting with fans. And there are countless videos where he incited and then ducked an opponent when you'd have thought the time WAS right.

Tough guy who often stood up for his teammates, but when I think of guys who were dedicated to winning and did everything with that goal in mind, Domi doesn't come to mind.

What that has anything to do with my post? It was not an interview, he was at a restaurant bar having a drink.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
It comes from an ex politician, now a politics analyst in a cogeco Montreal radio station. His name is Luc Lavoie.

He was having a glass of wine at the bar of a high end Italian restaurant in montreal.

Wen 2 seats from him he recognizes Ty Domi.
They start chatting.

This was the next day after the Habs beat Tampa.

Lavoie was sharing his encounter with Ty Domi.
I do believe it it, it was meant to gloat about his son having the time of his life ,in a team that had the best team spirit where they were having fun,did everything together all the time.
In comparison to Toronto having a dysfunctional locker room.

Would make sense. They started falling apart when Nylander came back and melted down after Matthew's signed his extension. If there's locker room tension or issues that is pretty telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad