Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
This series shouldn’t even be close but to be honest Carolina has gotten a bit lucky last couple of series vs the Isles where I felt they were stealing games they had no business winning at all so perhaps the Gods are out for revenge

It’s just so nuts the disparity between the 2 and 3 team point wise. I can’t recall even in the pre 1994 divisional setup if we ever had a point disparity this big between a 2 and 3

Agreed. It doesn't look like the close matchup that a 2vs3 should be.

I know that anything can happen in the playoffs. But this, on paper, should be Carolina all the way. It's a contender vs a bubble team. Looks like a 1 seed vs an 8th.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Brindamour gets attacked by a fuming Roy. Rod takes off his shirt and flexes him into submission.
I fully expect at some point this series there is some off ice commentary. The Isles play pretty physical and we had some debate over hits in their series last year too

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Islanders in 6. Too strong. Too tough in goal. Roy. There is only player named Barzal on the ice. It's playoff time which this team was built for from the ground up. Let's go already!

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Lindy

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
We'll see if Horvat shows up this time.

I was so down on the trade last year because he was incredibly invisible in the last NYI-CAR series.
I think he was just worn out from the whole trade and move. Not sure family was with him yet either. Some guys who get moved at the deadline in my years of watching MLB and NHL just don’t adjust til the next year

Reactions: Riseonfire

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I think he was just worn out from the whole trade and move. Not sure family was with him yet either. Some guys who get moved at the deadline in my years of watching MLB and NHL just don’t adjust til the next year

At the time, I do think I gave him the benefit of the doubt due to that - especially since it was from VAN to NY.

He was my favorite, most consistent Islander all season. I love how he plays the game, I have high hopes for him this series.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Its a bad time to be a fisherman when a hurricane is coming.

giphy.gif

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Lou is rumored to have ban all fitness equipment from the visiting team locker room.

Joke's on Lou - Rod will simply lift the visiting team locker room. :sarcasm:

I'll take Canes in 6.

I do think any Canes fans being cocky are playing a dangerous game. Not because of any particular on-ice observations, but because these are the Stanley Cup Playoffs and cocky fans of top-end teams are made to eat crow every single year. Especially against a team in NYI that is as liable to "goalie" you as any team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad