Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Credit to the Islanders for making the playoffs. They certainly have a wylie team that has grit and vet experience. Those things are good in the playoffs.

But I would have clicked Canes in 3 if it was an option. It looks like a serious mismatch from the outside.

Reactions: IronCladCane

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm not trying to be controversial, I think most people would agree he can't go in hiding. Aho is a tremendous player, he'll be the focal point of other teams top pairs. Guentzel will be a god-send for him but the series that they've lost in recent years he has no showed big time. He's a great player but Carolina is going absolutely nowhere without him producing, they'll just lose to NYR again round 2 if the Islanders don't do it to them, they can get away with his defense presence since Jordan Staal is virtually a top 5 C on that side of the puck.
The only reason Canes lost to NYR a couple of years ago was Goaltending; Freddie didn’t play and was injured , Pyotr was a scared rookie and Raanta wore out. That’s not the case this year.

Reactions: AD Skinner

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
He could have just said he hasn't watched a Canes game and is to lazy to even look them up, it would have saved him like 100 words.
Ya that boom boom guy is far to well adjusted. I'm only a casual canes fan but that whole short story was written about a team other than the canes.

If you asked 100 people what the canes biggest issue has been to take it all the way, majority would say lack of game breaking talent.
Adding Guentzel went a long way in addressing that issue.

Since I'm not a canes fan I don't need to feign modesty, the canes are going to roll through the eastern conference.

They won't win the cup because I put 500 on Vancouver after game 1 in October and I needs to get paid lol

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
If I had to guess, Islanders play a goalie till they lose, at least in the first round. If and this is a huge if they make it to the second they might have it more settled to who is the starting goalie.
Roy likes Varly, wasn't afraid to turn the team over to him down the stretch. Gutsy move that Handsome Lane probably wouldn't have made. Kudos to him. I agree--ride with Varly to start

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Isles are built for the playoffs. Let’s see if that matters.

Go watch paint dry instead of spreading your depression in here!
I hear that statement a lot "built for the playoffs" but how exactly are they?

They were not a great 5on5 team, they were not good defensively or in net and seldom won in regulation.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
To be fair, I don't think a lot of Isles fans are expecting much here.
LOL True. That's often times the kiss of death though - underestimating your opponent.

The Canes are obviously the better team. And they seem to have the Isles number in the regular season and playoffs in recent years. Not a good combo.

Reactions: Tryamw

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This series shouldn’t even be close but to be honest Carolina has gotten a bit lucky last couple of series vs the Isles where I felt they were stealing games they had no business winning at all so perhaps the Gods are out for revenge

Credit to the Islanders for making the playoffs. They certainly have a wylie team that has grit and vet experience. Those things are good in the playoffs.

But I would have clicked Canes in 3 if it was an option. It looks like a serious mismatch from the outside.
It’s just so nuts the disparity between the 2 and 3 team point wise. I can’t recall even in the pre 1994 divisional setup if we ever had a point disparity this big between a 2 and 3

Reactions: banks

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This one will probably be a snooze fest unless it turns violent, but stranger things have happened. The Canes will likely pounce them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad