Post-Game Talk: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (2) vs. Canadiens (0) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | Flyers lead series 3-1

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagg is your typical #6/#7 replacement level D-man, he'll probably have a 10 year career, because we can go look at the AHL and see what a real AHL D-man looks like (Prosser and his friends, Brennan for years, Alt, etc.). Now the announcers really fluff Hagg which is irritating b/c we know better, but no reason to exaggerate in the other direction.

Ghost is currently a JAG, he's a 3rd pair guy on merit, he's not bad but he doesn't do much to move the needle right now. As Gudas and Folin have shown, nice metrics doesn't make you better than a 3rd pair guy. Now maybe he bounces back next year, but I hardly notice when he's on the ice these days.

I'm far more concerned with how TK has regressed this summer, I thought he turned the corner.
And I still waiting for AV to figure out how to use Hayes, maybe we have to wait for Lindblom to return.

Reactions: JXC

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hagg is your typical #6/#7 replacement level D-man, he'll probably have a 10 year career, because we can go look at the AHL and see what a real AHL D-man looks like (Prosser and his friends, Brennan for years, Alt, etc.). Now the announcers really fluff Hagg which is irritating b/c we know better, but no reason to exaggerate in the other direction.

Ghost is currently a JAG, he's a 3rd pair guy on merit, he's not bad but he doesn't do much to move the needle right now. As Gudas and Folin have shown, nice metrics doesn't make you better than a 3rd pair guy. Now maybe he bounces back next year, but I hardly notice when he's on the ice these days.

I'm far more concerned with how TK has regressed this summer, I thought he turned the corner.
And I still waiting for AV to figure out how to use Hayes, maybe we have to wait for Lindblom to return.

Hagg is less than a JAG.

Hagg is 9th on our depth chart in terms of actual quality but our coaches are blinded by his one effective hit per game to notice. Before long York will make him #10. He's not a #6/7. We've shown you all the stats and you have no rebuttal for them. He is an AHL caliber player.

The problem with your player evaluations is that you don't start by actually evaluating the player himself; you start by taking a management or coaching decision and deciding you'll say or do whatever it takes to justify it. That's why you've ended up being wrong on so many of these.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can someone explain the point of lying on here?

Isn't it kinda pointless to lie to people who are watching the games and know that what's being said isn't true?

Genuine question.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Can someone explain the point of lying on here?

Isn't it kinda pointless to lie to people who are watching the games and know that what's being said isn't true?

Genuine question.
if someone believes their position based on their interpretation of "data", its not lying.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
if someone believes their position based on their interpretation of "data", its not lying.
He doesn't believe it. He's just defending this staff and the previous one. Like Beef said, he just takes a decision the staff makes and then does anything he can to justify it, even if it means making up nonsense.

For example, he literally said that Hagg is as good of a scorer in the offensive zone as Ghost at ES. :laugh: Nobody actually believes that.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He doesn't believe it. He's just defending this staff and the previous one. Like Beef said, he just takes a decision the staff makes and then does anything he can to justify it, even if it means making up nonsense.

For example, he literally said that Hagg is as good of a scorer in the offensive zone as Ghost at ES. :laugh: Nobody actually believes that.
well, he did reference data to support his position on Hagg in the OZ (not in this current post, like yesterday or something iirc).

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Bull.

Ghost hasn't done anything special for two years now. Even on the PP.
He showed a little more this summer, but not enough to think he's the Ghost of 2017-18.
And if he's a JAG at this point, then why get your panties in a bunch over Ghost v Hagg?

It's like complaining about the difference between Rolling Rock and Budweiser.

I'd give Ghost one more shot next year to increase his trade value before the ED, but at this point I'm more interested in Zamula and York.
Nor do I have any attachment to Hagg, other than a cheap #7 D-man.
However, if we're going to roll out York/Zamula as our 3LHD, I'd like to obtain another big RHD with some skills.

I do think size matters, not to an extreme, but you'd like to roll out at least one full sized player on each D-pair.

I dont know why youre excited about Zamula or York - theyll have no playoff experience next year, so even if we make the playoffs, they wont be able to help us, because rookies cant do that.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
When I have a toothache, I go to a dentist, not some guy on the Internet. When my roof leaks, I call a roofer, not some guy on the Internet. If there’s blue smoke coming out of the tailpipe of my truck, I call a mechanic, not some guy on the Internet. See what I’m saying?

Don’t think of it as “authority”, man. Think of it as knowledge, wisdom, and experience.

More wisdom plz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad