GDT: ECQF 3: FLYERS (a) vs. Canadiens (h) at Toronto, Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020, 8:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
He was brutal last game. I didn’t realize he was playing until the 3rd period
It's a shame. Everytime he gets the opportunity to earn a spot in the top 6 he has a bad game. But he's a rookie. He'll figure it out.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
That's part of the reason I hate TK with him also.

I like the lineup we made together last week with Hayes centering JVR & NAK.

Lindblom might eventually be a good option with Hayes also.
Same. Tk rarely gets the puck breaking out and we can use that speed when breaking out.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's part of the reason I hate TK with him also.

I like the lineup we made together last week with Hayes centering JVR & NAK.

Lindblom might eventually be a good option with Hayes also.
This might be a hot take to some, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Frost passes Hayes on the depth chart as soon as next year, if he’s given a legit chance. (Not in usage because coaches are dumb, but in quality)

That’s a mix of both believing in Frost and thinking Hayes is more flawed than most people admit.

Also, just as a side note, it’s really funny seeing the difference in outrage from certain old fashioned fans who complain about guys like Ghost or Sanheim being unreliable defensively and risky with the puck, but have nothing but praise for Hayes while he does his puck hog routine and turns it over half the time.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Oh it's serious. It's kept him away from his career for an entire year. He hasn't played hockey since April 2019.

So the seriousness of it will likely never go away (if I understand the condition) but he can hopefully find ways to manage the triggers and flare ups.

Backstrom has a similar condition and he's had a pretty excellent career.

I meant to say going forward I hope it isn’t serious. He’ll have a ton of time to work on it and hopefully manage it so I’m hopeful

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
This might be a hot take to some, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Frost passes Hayes on the depth chart as soon as next year, if he’s given a legit chance. (Not in usage because coaches are dumb, but in quality)

That’s a mix of both believing in Frost and thinking Hayes is more flawed than most people admit.

Also, just as a side note, it’s really funny seeing the difference in outrage from certain old fashioned fans who complain about guys like Ghost or Sanheim being unreliable defensively and risky with the puck, but have nothing but praise for Hayes while he does his puck hog routine and turns it over half the time.
I'd love to see Frost in the lineup today. They need his speed, creativity and forechecking ability. If Patrick comes back and Frost passes Hayes on the depth chart, which we is likely to do the year after if not next season, Hayes is going to be the highest paid 4C in the league for the last 5 years of his contract. Hayes really needs to produce some points in this series.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd love to see Frost in the lineup today. They need his speed, creativity and forechecking ability. If Patrick comes back and Frost passes Hayes on the depth chart, which we is likely to do the year after if not next season, Hayes is going to be the highest paid 4C in the league for the last 5 years of his contract. Hayes really needs to produce some points in this series.

Hayes can play wing. Most centers can with ease. He'll have a top 9 spot here regardless of Frost/Patrick emergence.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This was exactly my fear with his contract, especially before we knew about Patrick’s condition.

It’s not like we have much room on the wing either.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Larry44

Mar 1, 2002
This was exactly my fear with his contract, especially before we knew about Patrick’s condition.

It’s not like we have much room on the wing either.
I can see the logic of needing him knowing that Patrick wasn't likely to come back soon, but signing guys to 7 year deals for 2 years of need is always risky. The killer was being forced to protect him from the expansion draft too, that could hurt.

Larry44

Mar 1, 2002
I can see the logic of needing him knowing that Patrick wasn't likely to come back soon, but signing guys to 7 year deals for 2 years of need is always risky. He's not going to get any faster. The killer was being forced to protect him from the expansion draft too, that could hurt.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can see the logic of needing him knowing that Patrick wasn't likely to come back soon, but signing guys to 7 year deals for 2 years of need is always risky. The killer was being forced to protect him from the expansion draft too, that could hurt.
Yeah, if Patrick was fine, I was 100% against the deal. Once his condition was reported I was still extremely concerned about the risk, but I can at least understand why it was done.

We'll see what happens, I guess. But it's going to be infuriating if they allow him to block better young players in the near future.

Reactions: Larry44

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Yeah, if Patrick was fine, I was 100% against the deal. Once his condition was reported I was still extremely concerned about the risk, but I can at least understand why it was done.

We'll see what happens, I guess. But it's going to be infuriating if they allow him to block better young players in the near future.
Well a positive of Patrick being injured is that he will get a bridge deal that will help with the Hayes term too. Sucks Patrick even got injured to stunt that growth but at least there is that + (if it even is one)

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Probably wont hurt... unless you're worried about losing JVR

Reactions: orangey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad