Post-Game Talk: ECQF 2: FLYERS (H) 0 vs. Canadiens (A) 5 at Toronto, Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It could have been me. I’d trade him tomorrow too, but I’d be willing to trade anyone besides Couturier.

I’d go so far as to say that if you’re not willing to listen on almost every player, you’re gimping yourself as a GM. You never know who might shake free.

Uh, I think Hart is untouchable, you may never have a young goalie with the potential for a 2 decade career (because of his approach to the game) this century.

Myers might be the other untouchable in my book, his upside is far higher than his trade value, and as my "unicorn," I don't think you'll easily replace a 6'5 220 lb RHD who can skate, shoot and seems to have a high defensive IQ.

The rest are replaceable, except maybe Lindblom, whose intangible value (what teammate will whine or make excuses with him in the lockerroom?) far exceeds his trade value.

For example, Sanheim may become a great offensive defensemen, but finesse LHDs aren't that hard to find (doesn't mean they're cheap, just not unique).

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I want giroux, tk, and myers to shoot anything and everything tonight. Those 3 need to have a shoot first mentality on the pp and at EV (giroux, you do your thing tho but shoot more on the pp).

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Uh, I think Hart is untouchable, you may never have a young goalie with the potential for a 2 decade career (because of his approach to the game) this century.

Myers might be the other untouchable in my book, his upside is far higher than his trade value, and as my "unicorn," I don't think you'll easily replace a 6'5 220 lb RHD who can skate, shoot and seems to have a high defensive IQ.

The rest are replaceable, except maybe Lindblom, whose intangible value (what teammate will whine or make excuses with him in the lockerroom?) far exceeds his trade value.

For example, Sanheim may become a great offensive defensemen, but finesse LHDs aren't that hard to find (doesn't mean they're cheap, just not unique).

idk provorov is close to untouchable for me. Unless we get another number one, I don't want to go through that headache of having to find one again hahaa. Unless we trade other pieces for a number one, then provorov can be expendable...but that just ain't happening and you don't trade provy beacause you have 3 other good defensemen.

back to the game. DOWN WITH MONTREAL

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One thing I'd like to see Provorov do on the PP, if he's left along, instead of winding up with a slap shot, skate toward the net and keep passing options open and then wrist one without warning - the goal is less to score than to handcuff Price and hope for a rebound. However, this requires a forward to cycle behind him (if a shot is blocked or there's a turnover), so they need to stay alert on the wings.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Or Hart may be good but not great and then you can argue whether having him signed long-term is a positive or a negative. As I’ve said recently, I think Hart has a good shot to be better than Vasilevskiy, but locking in a Vasilevskiy-quality starter to the kind of deal he got would be disastrous.

There’s hopefully less risk of that because I don’t expect them to bridge him, but the position is so volatile that I don’t know that there’s such a thing as an untouchable Goalie to me. I do agree that if anyone would get there, it would be a Hart type.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
first goal is masssive. Come out flying and get that confidence / swagger back

ALSO, I can't wait to see TK get in people's face. He looks excited and ready:

g-couts-tk ---get tk on the first line damnit
jvr-hayes-nak
farabee-laughton-voracek
raffl-grant-pitlick
Not a lineup I have considered or seen before, but I actually like it. :laugh:

No chance it happens, though.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Not a lineup I have considered or seen before, but I actually like it. :laugh:

No chance it happens, though.

I like it for several reasons. One tk is great on the top line and the need more speed.

jvr doesn’t need the puck and Hayes does. Nak or pitlick with them gives them a grinder with a high motor (preferably would want pitlick there because he works well with jvr)

3rd line has speed, 2 way play, and some offense.

4th line can grind down low, no weaknesses on a 4th line

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Or Hart may be good but not great and then you can argue whether having him signed long-term is a positive or a negative. As I’ve said recently, I think Hart has a good shot to be better than Vasilevskiy, but locking in a Vasilevskiy-quality starter to the kind of deal he got would be disastrous.

There’s hopefully less risk of that because I don’t expect them to bridge him, but the position is so volatile that I don’t know that there’s such a thing as an untouchable Goalie to me. I do agree that if anyone would get there, it would be a Hart type.
Goalies are so difficult to project year over year, but I think the Flyers have no choice but to lockdown Hart without a bridge. Better to get 8 years from 23-31 instead of 27-35.

The Flyers also have to view him as close to untouchable. There hasn't been a franchise goalie in Philly since Pelle. You have to accept the risk, in my opinion. 35 years is a long f***ing time to lack stability in the net. :laugh:

Reactions: orangecrush8

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Goalies are so difficult to project year over year, but I think the Flyers have no choice but to lockdown Hart without a bridge. Better to get 8 years from 23-31 instead of 27-35.

The Flyers also have to view him as close to untouchable. There hasn't been a franchise goalie in Philly since Pelle. You have to accept the risk, in my opinion. 35 years is a long f***ing time to lack stability in the net. :laugh:

You will get no argument from me that bridges should be reserved for depth players only. Smart, measured risk is a positive.

Reactions: deadhead

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You will get no argument from me that bridges should be reserved for depth players only. Smart, measured risk is a positive.

Or someone like Sanheim who didn't have enough of a track record for the two parties to agree on value.
Sanheim wanted to be paid for his upside, Flyers figure if they can wait two years before paying top dollar to be sure it's not a mirage.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Won't know until game time, but he was out for the morning skate.
On the bright side, in the tweet of Oskar's celebration, he was skating around and not looking too bad. If it was broken badly, he would not have been in a skate. TK (in orange) skates in late in the upper right corner, banging his stick emphatically. My guess is he's in. He's a gamer.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad