Post-Game Talk: ECQF 2: FLYERS (H) 0 vs. Canadiens (A) 5 at Toronto, Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I still haven't gotten over how terribly we've played that 5 on 3, could have been a game changer. No adjustments. Zip

(Reading comprehension helper - not saying this was THE problem that game. We were already down by 3 there due to shitty display everywhere. Commenting on that thing that still keeps annoying me day later)

5 on 3 has been our kryptonite for a while. Its just too easy for the goalies when you don't move them laterally on a 5 on 3. All we did was a provorov point shot, it was so predictable. Need to involve jake more AND NOT HAVE HIM BE NET FRONT. Let JVR do that while g and voracek move the puck around.

I also want to see giroux shoot the puck a lot more on the pp. He had a nice look but more shots from him would be nice

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Like I said to Beef above, I have to assume they were instructed by the coaches to do that, probably to deal with the Habs speed, due to the fact that they all seemed to be doing it.

ya that has to be AV's game plan. If it worked it would've created havoc for the habs but they were either ready for that, we just made terrible decisions (hesitating and second guessing), or a combo of both. Our d wasn't moving their feet and when they tried that stretch pass, it got picked off and were countering quickly while the defense was flat-footed. I definitely see him changing that.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not going to completely crucify the coaching staff on thought process behind putting Provorov on PP1. He has all the tools necessary for that spot, but for whatever reason, it has just never materialized between him and Giroux. I will rag on them for refusing to look in another direction with a roster that has a lot of options.

I'd really love to see Sanheim in that spot with Ghost in the Konecny/Voracek spot. Sanheim has a knack for getting shots through and distributes the puck well enough to get Ghost and Giroux open for shooting options on their off side.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
so what have we done all year? We were suffocating teams in the neutral zone and on the forecheck...that hasn't gone away if we play our game...

Definitely. The Flyers need to start dictating the game on the ice. They aren’t going to beat them in the speed game. Pressuring them on the forecheck takes away their strength

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I'm not going to completely crucify the coaching staff on thought process behind putting Provorov on PP1. He has all the tools necessary for that spot, but for whatever reason, it has just never materialized between him and Giroux. I will rag on them for refusing to look in another direction with a roster that has a lot of options.

I'd really love to see Sanheim in that spot with Ghost in the Konecny/Voracek spot. Sanheim has a knack for getting shots through and distributes the puck well enough to get Ghost and Giroux open for shooting options on their off side.

I always wanted to see ghost on voraceks spot for that one timer. I do love voracek on there though haha. I would like to use voraceks passing more as well. Our pp is great when g and voracek are creating havoc with their passing which moves the goalie laterally. We need to make price work a lot harder. He had probably the easiest game of the playoffs so far.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It'll be a miracle if we ever see Provorov removed from that unit.

If there's one thing we know for sure, his usage is not at all tied to his performances. He's completely immune from any kind of accountability.
he is russian jesus

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
he is russian jesus
Some people suggest otherwise, but I’m a Provorov fan. Even have a signed mini-helmet. For comparison, I do not have a signed Hagg helmet. ;)

However, the way Provorovs used blows my mind. Especially compared to others when it comes to things he’s awful at and they’re great at. Or the fact that he had a horrific year last season and yet his icetime/opportunities don’t suffer at all. Compare that to Sanheim/Ghost...

It’s very similar to how I’m a huge TK fan but it drives me insane to see him in Girouxs spot on the PP. Except luckily that’s only been for a few games instead of a few months.

It’s not even a player problem... it’s a coaching problem.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
You can limit the speed of the adversary and use yours with good work on puck pressure, group awareness, i think collectively, seming chaos in the defensive focus of the other team, the Flyers have all the tools they require too be this kind of dominant team, that's what ive seen in season, this team have an identity now. You shouldnt be less confident otherwise.

lets see how game 3 Young Sanheim and myers will bounce back. And you need a good synergy effort to beat the habs. They dont have a good group of defensman that much mete sucks, ouelett when you put pressure on him, he's bad. Kulak play well but he's not that good in the defensive zone. But they play very well these series they play for one another, you can see that on the ice. Flyers must match this effort.

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Some people suggest otherwise, but I’m a Provorov fan. Even have a signed mini-helmet. For comparison, I do not have a signed Hagg helmet. ;)

However, the way Provorovs used blows my mind. Especially compared to others when it comes to things he’s awful at and they’re great at. Or the fact that he had a horrific year last season and yet his icetime/opportunities don’t suffer at all. Compare that to Sanheim/Ghost...

It’s very similar to how I’m a huge TK fan but it drives me insane to see him in Girouxs spot on the PP. Except luckily that’s only been for a few games instead of a few months.

It’s not even a player problem... it’s a coaching problem.

Bruh you hate provorov, jusst say it;);););). Remember when people actually said lets trade provorov in the summer lol? Jokes aside...

It's kinda crazy that all of a sudden tk is a rover that sometimes takes giroux and voracek's spot. Not a great time to experiment. Veteran coaches always go back to what works after a long losing streak like during the season. If we lose tonight, then thierian might put jvr on it. It's maddening. First time I have been really nervous in the playoffs and i love it!!!

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
You can limit the speed of the adversary and use yours with good work on puck pressure, group awareness, i think collectively, seming chaos in the defensive focus of the other team, the Flyers have all the tools they require too be this kind of dominant team, that's what ive seen in season, this team have an identity now. You shouldnt be less confident otherwise.

lets see how game 3 Young Sanheim and myers will bounce back. And you need a good synergy effort to beat the habs. They dont have a good group of defensman that much mete sucks, ouelett when you put pressure on him, he's bad. Kulak play well but he's not that good in the defensive zone. But they play very well these series they play for one another, you can see that on the ice. Flyers must match this effort.

yesss I am so stoked to see how our young players respond. Its going to be great to see how myers, sanheim (both who had pretty bad games), hart, and the rest of the team respond. If we are for real, then we will see some changes and growth that we just haven't seen in years past!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: Math the wild rose

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
win special teams and we got this game. Lets go boys. I want to see a completely different effort today.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
LINDBLOM BACK TO SKATING WITH THE TEAM!!!!

should be a huge boost for them to see him skate even if he won't play for another few weeks. Great to see him have a huge smile

EfjH1MGWkAAKdQ3

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
first goal is masssive. Come out flying and get that confidence / swagger back

ALSO, I can't wait to see TK get in people's face. He looks excited and ready:

g-couts-tk ---get tk on the first line damnit
jvr-hayes-nak
farabee-laughton-voracek
raffl-grant-pitlick

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

lmao TK with the stick slaps on the ice. HES GOOOD TO GO BABY LETS GET THIS DUB AND SHIT ON MONTREAL

I understand the Habs concern and motivation to win for Julien, but we've all heard how incredibly tight this team is, to have Oskar back on the ice leading stretches it has to matter, it has to motivate, use it to crush these guys and never look back, let's f***ing go

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I understand the Habs concern and motivation to win for Julien, but we've all heard how incredibly tight this team is, to have Oskar back on the ice leading stretches it has to matter, it has to motivate, use it to crush these guys and never look back, let's f***ing go
seriously. I will be severely disappointed if they come out as flat as tthey did. No excuse this time. We all know how Montreal was going to come out hungry for their coach. It should be even more motivating for the players as this is their teammate.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Bruh you hate provorov, jusst say it;);););). Remember when people actually said lets trade provorov in the summer lol? Jokes aside...

It's kinda crazy that all of a sudden tk is a rover that sometimes takes giroux and voracek's spot. Not a great time to experiment. Veteran coaches always go back to what works after a long losing streak like during the season. If we lose tonight, then thierian might put jvr on it. It's maddening. First time I have been really nervous in the playoffs and i love it!!!
Oh yeah, I saw someone mention that a few days ago and I just want to make it clear again that it definitely was NOT me who suggested we trade him. :laugh: I don't even remember who it was or what the suggested return was.

And yeah, TK is driving me nuts on that unit. WE HAD ONE OF THE BEST UNITS IN THE LEAGUE FOR ALMOST A DECADE. WHY ARE WE MAKING STUPID RANDOM CHANGES SUDDENLY?!?! Of all people you do not f*** with, you do not f*** with Claude "POWERPLAY GOD" Giroux. :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh yeah, I saw someone mention that a few days ago and I just want to make it clear again that it definitely was NOT me who suggested we trade him. :laugh: I don't even remember who it was or what the suggested return was.

And yeah, TK is driving me nuts on that unit. WE HAD ONE OF THE BEST UNITS IN THE LEAGUE FOR ALMOST A DECADE. WHY ARE WE MAKING STUPID RANDOM CHANGES SUDDENLY?!?! Of all people you do not f*** with, you do not f*** with Claude "POWERPLAY GOD" Giroux. :laugh:

It could have been me. I’d trade him tomorrow too, but I’d be willing to trade anyone besides Couturier.

I’d go so far as to say that if you’re not willing to listen on almost every player, you’re gimping yourself as a GM. You never know who might shake free.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It could have been me. I’d trade him tomorrow too, but I’d be willing to trade anyone besides Couturier.

I’d go so far as to say that if you’re not willing to listen on almost every player, you’re gimping yourself as a GM. You never know who might shake free.
Right, and I agree with that. If someone made an offer for Provorov, I'd listen to it.

But the way they're saying it makes me think they're talking about someone actively campaigning for him to be traded. Like starting from the thought of "lets get rid of Provorov" and then trying to find a trade that fits. Not hearing a trade involving him and being open-minded towards it.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

lol I know, just messin with you haha. People out to get you lmao

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad