ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
The problem with the HBK line thing was that the Caps got no scoring from their bottom six except for Jay Beagle. Also the K in HBK. You don't have anything like that guy on your team other than Matthews.

Also Crosby never picks up after his dog!!!

Whoops... forgot this wasn't a reddit GDT for a second.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It all comes down to Game 1.

If the Leafs can whether the early storm, and then get a lead and eventually win the game, a series upset could happen.

But if the Caps win game 1, there is no looking back, even if the Leafs win 1 or 2 games.

I think game 1 will be the most lopsided in Washington's favor. It's going to take at least one game for the kids to adjust.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I'm just happy to be in the big show. It'll be a great experience for our young players to match up against a team finely tuned to go deep in the playoffs.

I'm also perfectly fine with being the underdogs. I think the chances of us winning this series is virtually nil, but upsets can happen, and I doubt the boys are going into this series with a defeatist attitude. They're not just going to throw in the towel because Washington is one of the best teams in hockey. They're going to, hopefully, make them earn their ticket to the second round.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
I'm just happy to be in the big show. It'll be a great experience for our young players to match up against a team finely tuned to go deep in the playoffs.

I'm also perfectly fine with being the underdogs. I think the chances of us winning this series is virtually nil, but upsets can happen, and I doubt the boys are going into this series with a defeatist attitude. They're not just going to throw in the towel because Washington is one of the best teams in hockey. They're going to, hopefully, make them earn their ticket to the second round.

I feel like the Caps always have to earn it with crazy 7 game series in the first round... can't you guys just give them a free pass just this once?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
2015-16 Kessel
82gp - 26g - 33a - 59p (0.72)

Matthews, Nylander, Kadri, Marner, JVR all have higher ppg this season.
Bozak is .01 behind him.
All the players mentioned are better than him defensively.

Kessel has flash, I know what he is as a player. Production wise we have similar players.

sometimes I just wonder...you believe that. I am sure. Kessel lead his team in points per playoff game and goals per playoff game last season. His team won the championship. If you think Kadri and JVR and so forth are up for that, then fine.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Pretty much everything points to a Caps win here.

I'm hoping the Leafs can win a couple games and at least make it a series.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think game 1 will be the most lopsided in Washington's favor. It's going to take at least one game for the kids to adjust.

The Capitals downright stink after a long layoff. Holtby's worst work is with more than two days rest. I would submit that the Leafs best chance to win a game is game 1. If the Caps run them out of the building in G1, then look out.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
The Capitals downright stink after a long layoff. Holtby's worst work is with more than two days rest. I would submit that the Leafs best chance to win a game is game 1. If the Caps run them out of the building in G1, then look out.

The bye week completely derailed the dominance. We cannot afford a 5 game hangover this time.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
sometimes I just wonder...you believe that. I am sure. Kessel lead his team in points per playoff game and goals per playoff game last season. His team won the championship. If you think Kadri and JVR and so forth are up for that, then fine.

well Kessel and JVR played one playoff series together and JVR had more points.

I am judging by the regular season cause there isn't much playoff experience to judge on, but there is potential for multiple players on the Leafs to step it up the way Kessel did.

sometimes I just wonder... have you seen the Leafs play? Seriously.. you are questioning their offence and it is 5th in the league without much help from the back end.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
To be fair, most teams got killed after their bye week playing teams that had been playing and were sharp. The league hated the results. So, TO has been off too.

Toronto went 3-0 after their bye week. (the all star one hurt them though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad