ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Why don't you take a shot at it

Lol. Can I take a wrist shot or do I need to deflect it in? Which is worth more?

Can we really read anything into two games which have been way above average on PP time and PP goals?

If anything, I’d say we are learning Caps defense is worse given the even strength goals by Cam, Anderson, Panarin and Calvert.

Reactions: thebus88

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lol. Can I take a wrist shot or do I need to deflect it in? Which is worth more?

Can we really read anything into two games which have been way above average on PP time and PP goals?

If anything, I’d say we are learning Caps defense is worse given the even strength goals by Cam, Anderson, Panarin and Calvert.

Disrespect the analysis all you want. At least I made an honest effort.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Disrespect the analysis all you want. At least I made an honest effort.

Do you have stats that support your contention that 90 percent of wrist shots are stopped by goalies? How is that impacted by variables like who's taking the shot, where the shot is taken from or whether the goalie was screened? What about PP vs ES? What about regular season vs playoffs? When you say 80 percent of Jackets' goals are by wrist shot, do you mean in this series or all season?

Last edited:

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Based on regular season trends you wouldn't expect too many deflections, while tip goals can vary quite a bit depending on the team. But one common fact is wrist shot goals are close to 50% of total goals for just about every team. The Jackets have scored almost 80% of their goals on wristers. These are usually close or medium range shots that a goaltender will save more than 90% of the time. Caps goaltenders are only stopping 8 of 10 wrist shots which is usually a formula for disaster.

The Capitals have not been getting good goaltending in the playoffs for a few years. This series is no exception. If that single position decides to show up then it will be a long series.

upload_2018-4-17_9-37-56.png

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This still doesn’t guarantee anything going forward- remember, they won game 3 on the road in OT last year vs Pittsburgh and that didn’t carry over to game 4.

But it beats the alternative- I.e. Anaheim.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Well columbus wasn't aggressive enough going for the game winner. You can't afford to let this drag on because the longer it goes and you lose, it's like a double loss. You lose your energy and the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad