ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
I don't know why the nhl insists on wasting everyone's time with these stupid 'playoffs'. It's obvious the cup should be awarded to the statistically superior team at the end of the regular season. Anything else is just luck and therefore, not valid.

Especially when wristers are involved!

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Well, in that case, everyone is selfish, even if they care about others. They stick to their best interests at least once in their lifetime.
Indeed but I think there are different kind of selfishness and some players like Crosby can make their teammates around them better than others

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
And Ovechkin, what does the 'C' on your sweater stand for? Selfish? :rolleyes:
bfa66becf8b10ac1a6b2d25d9802dfe4.jpg

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Except the shot totals were pretty even until the Jackets played more than half of of the 3rd and OT on the pk.

Watch the game before commenting

Wow I guess they had nothing going at even strength if the pre PP SHOTS WERE EVEN

Do you even read your own posts?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Seven PP's.... Three goalie interference??? WTF is that about? Caps had the advantage in the second game and still lost.... just sayin..

Idk, ask Werenski dumping the puck out of play or Boone Jenner exploding Oshie's stick. The ticky tack calls were even for both sides.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I don't know why the nhl insists on wasting everyone's time with these stupid 'playoffs'. It's obvious the cup should be awarded to the statistically superior team at the end of the regular season. Anything else is just luck and therefore, not valid.

Especially when wristers are involved!

:laugh:. Well played sir.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
:laugh:. Well played sir.

Not really. It's pretty trite. Everyone looks at stats to dig into what happened.

The Caps being beaten by so many wrist shots can tell you something as opposed to, say, 7 of 9 goals being deflections/tips.

Other stats, and posts, are less useful.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
The Caps being beaten by so many wrist shots can tell you something as opposed to, say, 7 of 9 goals being deflections/tips.

Neither team has scored a deflection shot. Each team has 1 tip goal. So what does that tell us?

Last edited:

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Is Djoos going to be in the lineup for game 3? Haven't paid much attention throughout the year, but after last playoffs I thought he was going to be a solid player.

Every pens fan knew that the Orpik signing was going to come back and bite them. Not only or salary and bad play, but keeping someone out of the lineup that should be.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
They're 4 of 8 on the PP despite being at 17% during the regular season. Enjoy it while it lasts.
The powerplay has been 8th best in the league since the trade deadline.

With this lineup the Jackets are a different and much better team than the one we saw most of the season.

Try again with the "unsustainable" nonsense

Watch the games, people.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think it tells us the teams have scored the same number of tip in and deflection goals.

Based on regular season trends you wouldn't expect too many deflections, while tip goals can vary quite a bit depending on the team. But one common fact is wrist shot goals are close to 50% of total goals for just about every team. The Jackets have scored almost 80% of their goals on wristers. These are usually close or medium range shots that a goaltender will save more than 90% of the time. Caps goaltenders are only stopping 8 of 10 wrist shots which is usually a formula for disaster.

The Capitals have not been getting good goaltending in the playoffs for a few years. This series is no exception. If that single position decides to show up then it will be a long series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->