ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC) Philadelphia Flyers | Series 3-0 Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
He was talking about Wilson's hit on Visnovsky, similar to the one he had on Zadarov earlier in the year. It has nothing to do with this game, just people trying to say the Caps are "worse" then the Flyers because of things like that. Its absolute stupidity.

:laugh::laugh:

My mistake, carry on.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Any news on Orpik? When was his last concussion? I see he had one in December of '13 as a Penguin, but that was a long time ago.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
He was talking about Wilson's hit on Visnovsky, similar to the one he had on Zadarov earlier in the year. It has nothing to do with this game, just people trying to say the Caps are "worse" then the Flyers because of things like that. Its absolute stupidity.

A lot of Islanders fans on these boards still hold some resentment towards the Caps based on last year.

As for the hit on Orlov that was so scary. I think Roenick was actually impressive for once when he talked about this. Is the NHL going to wait until someone is paralyzed before they hand down a serious suspension?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of Islanders fans on these boards still hold some resentment towards the Caps based on last year.

As for the hit on Orlov that was so scary. I think Roenick was actually impressive for once when he talked about this. Is the NHL going to wait until someone is paralyzed before they hand down a serious suspension?

Raffi Torres was suspended for 41 games this year.

4 years ago he got 20.

If someone, like Bellemare, wasn't thinking in the moment, ain't no suspension going to do anything for somebody else.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Tom Wilson is the reason why Orlov nearly became a quadriplegic tonight. Other teams are aware how the Caps play and get away with the borderline dirty stuff especially in the playoffs. Orpik got his. Trotz might want to rethink his "heavy" style of play before any more of his players get hurt.

No, I'm pretty sure Bellemare is the reason.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Raffi Torres was suspended for 41 games this year.

4 years ago he got 20.

If someone, like Bellemare, wasn't thinking in the moment, ain't no suspension going to do anything for somebody else.

So what's the solution. Don't suspend him?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I hope the people in his section gave it to the guy who yelled "F the Caps" during Ed Snider's moment of silence. Unbelievable amount of disrespect from that guy.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
That crowd penalty that led to the PP goal made it 6-1.

Come back was in the works if it wasn't for the fans!

Serious note:

Bellmare hit was bad, suspend him for 1-2 games.

White hit on Orpik was as clean as they come.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
I didn't really have a problem with the hit on Orpik, but rather the player who hit him. White is one of the most useless players in the league whose sole goal is to injure his opponents, clearly has no brain either when he was blowing kisses whilst getting blown out and embarrassed at home. The Orlov hit was real bad, and I would like to see him suspended but the league won't take JRs stance on a player who has no history. I'd say 2-3 games is fair.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
...has that actually happened?

Yes, but for reasons about gazillion times worse than what happened last night. Not saying Flyers fans acted well, but that the fan culture for soccer is somewhat different. People actually die because/for it.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Oh this is all so comical. Everyone must have very short memories. Every team has skeletons in their closets.

Yeah, and making more will get you called on it. Flyers really don't have a whole lot to talk about after this series. What a clown of a team and fanbase. I'm just glad that the weasel Giroux gets exposed again. Dude is dirty and a coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad