Pre-Game Talk: ECQ SERIES DISCUSSION | (1) Penguins vs. (8) Islanders | #BeLIeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
In the light of current basketball news, do you think the entire Rangers team will be coming out soon?

Mory Schneideur*

Hope you guys crush the Pens and have a deep run. I want to see cup #5, would be so epic!

IwayMike

Jul 31, 2007
Pens have a tougher team than they did last year, so the Isles playing physical will be matched by the Pens being physical. Since the Pens have much more playoff experience, my worry is that the Pens will show more poise in the physical game and not take the stupid penalties or get of their game.

In the end, the Islanders have shown that we can beat any team when we play our game. Lets hope the lack of playoff experience does not affect their game too much.

No matter what happens, it is great experience for a young team.

PeteRFNY

Apr 9, 2007
Clinton, NJ
rfny.hankhayes.com
And for younger fans (like 2ndGenIslander), yeah it was an amazing game, but parts of it (especially the 3rd period and first 7 minutes of OT) were basically nervous torture. :laugh:

I still vividly remember my Dad chewing TUMS like candy during that game and my Mom leaving the room for extended periods of time because the tension was driving her crazy. She was not even the biggest hockey fan but I think watching my brother and I - and my Dad - chew off every last fingernail and constantly screaming was too much for her delicate sensibilities...! :laugh:

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
This. Forget butchs keys to winning, heres mine...

1 physical ( throw them off there game and get under their skin - make them take penalties )
2 No turnovers in the Neutral zone
3 keep Pittsburgh to the outside
4 Tight man on man coverage
5 Crowd Fleury all the time. Get in his living room and don't leave. Get under his skin and get rebounds.
6 last but not least.. This one is kind of a given though, do not get stuck watching them. Win the little battles, finish hits (make them afraid to make the perfect play and wait, go after them and make them rush plays) will result in turnovers etc...

If they do all these things and nabby is nabby and JT steps up along with 2nd line staying hot we can force 7. I wish grabner would turn in to the beast he can be.

I agree so much with the finishing hits part. I think that is going to play the biggest role. Last night they were playing Islanders rewind on TV and as I was watching the game I noticed each game we were finishing our hits and that these were leading to turnovers. That is our style and we need to come out hitting. I always liked Matt Martin, but was never as high on him as some of the posters on here. However, I think he and McDonald could end up playing a HUGE role in this series. I cannot wait to see it.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I agree so much with the finishing hits part. I think that is going to play the biggest role. Last night they were playing Islanders rewind on TV and as I was watching the game I noticed each game we were finishing our hits and that these were leading to turnovers. That is our style and we need to come out hitting. I always liked Matt Martin, but was never as high on him as some of the posters on here. However, I think he and McDonald could end up playing a HUGE role in this series. I cannot wait to see it.

I am not a Big Fan of MR martin EIther. However I do not Dislike the the Guy. I think he is the type of Guy who might Shine in the playoffs. Playoffs Tend to be A harder hitting Affair

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I think our only hope against this Pens team is to be extremely physical, we need to intimidate them (which will be no easy task). The Pens will dominate you if you sit back and watch them play, but you have a chance if you play a mean, in your face kind of game.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I think our only hope against this Pens team is to be extremely physical, we need to intimidate them (which will be no easy task). The Pens will dominate you if you sit back and watch them play, but you have a chance if you play a mean, in your face kind of game.

Well we are not a Very Big team so its not easy like you said

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Some NBA player came out of the closet.
HA,HA Last week I read a story about possible Pro athletes coming out of the closet. It must have stuck in my head because that night I had a dream that Mario Lemuiex {SP} anounced he was gay. I really thought when I woke up that it was going to be true. :help:LOL!

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Pens have a tougher team than they did last year, so the Isles playing physical will be matched by the Pens being physical. Since the Pens have much more playoff experience, my worry is that the Pens will show more poise in the physical game and not take the stupid penalties or get of their game.

In the end, the Islanders have shown that we can beat any team when we play our game. Lets hope the lack of playoff experience does not affect their game too much.

No matter what happens, it is great experience for a young team.

Even though the Pens have more exp...I still think they are not as experienced as we think they are. Did you see them fall apart last year against the flyers? They seriously got under Crosby's skin...they fell apart...they get easily agitated. We can totally use this to our advantage. I just hope they keep Fleury in for all the games. We seem to have a hell of a time against Vokoun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad