Pre-Game Talk: ECQ SERIES DISCUSSION | (1) Penguins vs. (8) Islanders | #BeLIeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Islanders 0 remaining games
Tue, Mar 26 7:00 PM @ Washington W 3-2
Thu, Mar 28 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM W 3-2 SO
Sat, Mar 30 @ Pittsburgh 1:00 PM L 2-0
Mon, Apr 1 @ New Jersey 7:00 PM W 3-1
Tue, Apr 2 vs Winnipeg 7:00 PM W 5-2
Thu, Apr 4 @ Washington 7:00 PM L 2-1 SO
Sat, Apr 6 vs Tampa Bay 7:00 PM W 4-2
Tue, Apr 9 vs Philadelphia 7:00 PM W 4-1
Thu, Apr 11 @ Boston 7:00 PM W 2-1
Sat, Apr 13 vs NY Rangers 7:00 PM L 1-0 OT
Tue, Apr 16 vs Florida 7:00 PM W 5-2
Thu, Apr 18 @ Toronto 7:00 PM W 5-3
Sat, Apr 20 @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM W 5-4 SO
Tue, Apr 23 @ Carolina 7:00 PM L 4-3 SO
Thu, Apr 25 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM L 2-1
Fri, Apr 26 @ Buffalo 7:00 PM L 2-1 SO

Rags 1 GR
Thu, Mar 28 @ Ottawa 7:30 PM L 3-0
Sat, Mar 30 @ Montreal 7:00 PM L 3-0
Mon, Apr 1 vs Winnipeg 7:00 PM W 4-2
Wed, Apr 3 vs Pittsburgh 7:30 PM W 6-1
Fri, Apr 5 @ Pittsburgh 7:00 PM L 2-1 SO
Sat, Apr 6 @ Carolina 7:00 PM W 3-1
Mon, Apr 8 @ Toronto 7:00 PM L 4-3
Wed, Apr 10 vs Toronto 7:30 PM W 3-2 SO
Sat, Apr 13 @ NY Islanders 7:00 PM W 1-0 OT
Tue, Apr 16 @ Philadelphia 7:30 PM L 4-2
Thu, Apr 18 vs Florida 7:00 PM W 6-1
Fri, Apr 19 @ Buffalo 7:00 PM W 8-4
Sun, Apr 21 vs New Jersey 3:00 PM W 4-1
Tue, Apr 23 @ Florida 7:30 PM L 3-2
Thu, Apr 25 @ Carolina 7:00 PM W 4-3 OT
Sat, Apr 27 vs New Jersey 3:00 PM

Ottawa 2 GR
Thu, Apr 11 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM W 3-1
Fri, Apr 12 @ New Jersey 7:00 PM W 2-0
Tue, Apr 16 vs Carolina 7:30 PM W 3-2
Thu, Apr 18 vs Washington 7:30 PM W 3-1
Sat, Apr 20 vs Toronto 7:00 PM L 4-1
Mon, Apr 22 vs Pittsburgh 7:30 PM L 3-1
Thu, Apr 25 @ Washington 7:00 PM W 2-1
Sat, Apr 27 vs Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Sun, Apr 28 @ Boston 7:00 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Soooo..

now that we have made the playoffs...I have to rearrange my schedule. Does anyone know about when the first game would be played? I mean, we are not 100% sure who we will play, but is it safe to say that the first game would start sometime between Monday and Thursday next week?

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Soooo..

now that we have made the playoffs...I have to rearrange my schedule. Does anyone know about when the first game would be played? I mean, we are not 100% sure who we will play, but is it safe to say that the first game would start sometime between Monday and Thursday next week?
i would guess the first home game would be april 5th-7th

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hey guys/girls, Leaf fan here just came in to say congrats on making the playoffs! been a rough few years for you guys to say the least and it looks like things have turned the corner for the franchise. You guys have a hard working team with a young core to build around. Again congrats and good luck the rest of the way. :)

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Personally, I just wish we missed the playoffs, tanked, and got another high draft pick....

j/k :naughty:

But it does bother me that Charles Wang will in any way, shape or form benefit from us making the playoffs. The excitement this generates might actually make him want to keep the team and not sell in a year or two as has been rumored.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
But it does bother me that Charles Wang will in any way, shape or form benefit from us making the playoffs. The excitement this generates might actually make him want to keep the team and not sell in a year or two as has been rumored.

Actually it probably increases his chances of selling since it probably increases the value of the team a little(at least in the eyes of potential buyers) which might get them to put in a bid closer to his over inflated price he put on the team

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Congrats on making it to the dance guys. The game against us last Saturday was fantastic and I'm really impressed with the makeup of your team. I see a bright future as long as Wang doesn't decide to meddle. My question is would you rather stay in the 6 spot and play the Caps(I think you match up very well against them) or over take the Leafs and play Montreal/Boston...depending how that pans out.

Either way I'll be tuning in to watch some Islander hockey. Good Luck

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hey guys/girls, Leaf fan here just came in to say congrats on making the playoffs! been a rough few years for you guys to say the least and it looks like things have turned the corner for the franchise. You guys have a hard working team with a young core to build around. Again congrats and good luck the rest of the way. :)

Thanks and congrats to the Leafs too.:yo:

It's so great to be focusing on playoff matchups, instead of the draft lottery.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Congrats on making it to the dance guys. The game against us last Saturday was fantastic and I'm really impressed with the makeup of your team. I see a bright future as long as Wang doesn't decide to meddle. My question is would you rather stay in the 6 spot and play the Caps(I think you match up very well against them) or over take the Leafs and play Montreal/Boston...depending how that pans out.

Isles have played well against both the Leafs and Habs this season. Boston and the Pens have rolled over the NYI. I'd like to avoid both Boston and Pittsburgh in the first round.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007

I personally would prefer getting the 5 spot and face Montreal. Washington has been going strong. I prefer to avoid Pitt or Boston.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Isles have played well against both the Leafs and Habs this season. Boston and the Pens have rolled over the NYI. I'd like to avoid both Boston and Pittsburgh in the first round.

I'd definitely like to avoid the Pens, but I wouldn't mind a Boston series. Would be convenient for me, at least. We don't match up well with them, but they have not been playing all that great for a little while now.

SouthShore91

Jan 19, 2012
Bay Shore, NY
Does anyone else not really know how to feel? I'm excited but I don't think it has quite hit me yet. Since the last time was SO exciting it's just weird to think that somehow we didn't screw this up or get in at the last minute.

bottompairingdman

Feb 13, 2013
A Wild fan coming in peace. Just wanted to congratulate you guys on making the playoffs, you've played great for the whole season and totally deserved to get in the big dance. Hopefully you'll be able to make a good run and really upset some higher-seeded teams :) Congratz

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Does anyone else not really know how to feel? I'm excited but I don't think it has quite hit me yet. Since the last time was SO exciting it's just weird to think that somehow we didn't screw this up or get in at the last minute.

It will really hit home game 1 and even more so at the first home game when the Coliseum roof is ready to come off. Hopefully we at least have a split by the point and are not down 2-0.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
A Wild fan coming in peace. Just wanted to congratulate you guys on making the playoffs, you've played great for the whole season and totally deserved to get in the big dance. Hopefully you'll be able to make a good run and really upset some higher-seeded teams :) Congratz

To be honest, I am not sure the "coming in peace" part was necessary. If anyone could document the moment a Wild fan came to an Islanders message board to trash talk, I would be absolutely shocked. :D Good luck to you guys getting in and making some noise.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

Meh, the Isles are 1-2 against Boston, with one of the losses being a DP start, the other being a game in February when the Isles were generally playing like crap. They beat Boston in Boston two weeks ago. They actually outshot Boston in all three games.

When you look at the possible first round matchups, I think we have a chance against anyone. The key no matter who the Isles play will be Nabokov. He needs to outplay the other goalie, and other than Lundqvist I think he can. None of the other goalies in the East have a history of playoff success.

Fleury has been downright awful the past couple of years. If he plays like he did last year, the Isles can beat the Pens.
Price has had one good series and three meh ones. The Isles matchup well with Montreal, so if Nabokov can outplay Price the Isles should win.
Holtby has only made the playoffs once
Rask has only played in 2 playoff series
Riemer has never played in a playoff game
Lundqvist was great last year but struggled before that
Anderson has never made it out of the first round

Whichever of these goalies can get hot will probably be able to steal a round for their team. The problem is, Nabokov doesn't have an outstanding track record in the playoffs either.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just solidify the 6th seed or make a rise up to 5th over the last two games. Don't wanna fall to 7th or 8th and have to play Boston or Pittsburgh.

Would be funny if we win both our games and end up finishing 5th and playing Boston. lol

sorondoe

IslAnders
Oct 10, 2012
Ballroom A
Just so glad and relieved we made it. I think both Caps and Habs, and possibly even Leafs are good matchups for us. Pens and Bruins not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad