Pre-Game Talk: ECQ SERIES DISCUSSION | (1) Penguins vs. (8) Islanders | #BeLIeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Everyone go to playoffschallenge.nhl.com and signup. I made a league called HFBoards. I think it would be fun to see how well we can pick the winners :cool:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Good for Anders to take his exams, the kid has got his priorities straight.

So I guess we're not losing a year off of his ELC this year. He hasn't played the requisite games to burn the first year. I can't say I hate that.

Melanson

Apr 29, 2004
Am I reading this wrong or are all signs pointing to Reasoner playing? If so, I think that's a big mistake. We have played so much better without him.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think our only hope against this Pens team is to be extremely physical, we need to intimidate them (which will be no easy task). The Pens will dominate you if you sit back and watch them play, but you have a chance if you play a mean, in your face kind of game.

Maybe intimidation would work, but I suspect the best chance would be to play an amazing transition game, use the mobility/puck-moving of our d-men and keep the play out of our defensive zone as much as possible. Conversely, the Isles will need to forecheck guys like Murray and Orpik (and hopefully Engellund) and maintain O zone pressure and get chances off mistakes. I think that's kind of how the Devs frustrated the Flyers last year in the POs.

The other issue with trying to intimidate is that the refs will be calling the series closely to protect Sid. But that can play to the Isles' advantage for their smaller d-men.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
HA,HA Last week I read a story about possible Pro athletes coming out of the closet. It must have stuck in my head because that night I had a dream that Mario Lemuiex {SP} anounced he was gay. I really thought when I woke up that it was going to be true. :help:LOL!
mario_sid.jpg
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad