ECHL Affiliations

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina

Looks like we have to wait almost a month to find out who Greenville is aligning with, now that the last link of the I-85 chain is broken. I have a feeling that they'll be aligning with Nashville/Milwaukee.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Michael Smitley

Casual Fan
Aug 25, 2012
Sylvania, OH
When will the Blue Jackets realize they are alienating fans by having a Michigan-based team as their ECHL affiliate, given the whole UM-OSU rivalry.
CBJ fans, myself included, mostly couldn't care less about the ECHL affiliation. It certainly hasn't alienated any of the fans I know, nor have I heard anything negative about it on the CBJ boards

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So this was the domino that I was waiting to see fall. Now Wichita can announce their new affiliation with Arizona the night the Coyotes come to town for their exhibition vs. the STL Blues. :popcorn:
I'm expecting Calgary to Rapid City once it was announced SEA TO KC.... Who takes Wichita, remains to be seen, then there's the possibility of New Mexico out there that's an option if the ECHL confirms Rio Rancho is starting by next season. I'm not sure one of the 7 teams that aren't affiliated now have interest in Rapid City....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So that leaves the Allen Americans, Rapid City Rush, and Wichita Thunder without affiliates so far.

And there are 8 NHL teams without any ECHL affiliates: Washington, Winnipeg, San Jose, Ottawa, St. Louis, Vancouver, Calgary & Nashville.

Rapid City did confirm that on the 25th (Thursday), they will announce their new affiliate (my guess it'll be the Sens since their affiliation with the Gladiators has ended).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00