Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 3 - TUUKKA STEALS GAME 3 - BRUINS 2 Whalercanes 1 F - B's lead series 3-0

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'm not sure what is/isn't a good goal anymore

...but what's becoming clear is that the Bruins do not get the benefit of any doubt from the league on disputed goals

The more i watch it the more i think they got it wrong.

Then again, this is the league that ruled against Kuraly's OT goal against Ottawa.

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
The more i watch it the more i think they got it wrong.

Then again, this is the league that ruled against Kuraly's OT goal against Ottawa.
Had the call on the ice been good goal than I actually think it would have counted. Hard for the ref to look at the replay and pick up enough to overturn the call. I actually thought the first non goal call in that game was a good goal. There has to be some onus on the defending player who is pushing a player in that is jamming a puck. Just happy it didnt factor into the result.

Reactions: Strafer

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Burma's tu
By constrast, I felt TVA Sports postgame show was all Bruins. A bit of Patrice, that's mandatory of course :laugh:, and a lot of Brad and Tuukka.
On the panel was Michel Bergeron (old Nordiques coach) who was raving about the Bs 4th line.
As the winner of the game I would expect more focus on them and less on loser..Vice versa not so much.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Burma's tu

As the winner of the game I would expect more focus on them and less on loser..Vice versa not so much.
HockeyMom, most of the hockey media don't like the Bruins. I have seen only one broadcast where the Bruins have been given their due for what they've done so far. That's ok, we know, and that is why it is good on this board as most appreciate the Bruins and also tell it like it is, good or bad.........like Andy Brickley does.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
[QUOTE="Blowfish, post: 161024679, member: 23576"]Nords, Wagner, Kuraly, Debrusk, Clifford, and RASK...all played fantastic.

Remember how many posters wanted Nordy to sit, I seen so many lineups with him out.[/QUOTE]

Much like the Backes crow eaters (me) needing some Nords crow eaters too....lol

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Didn’t the Cain’s allow him to leave and what do they need now bottom six guys

Yup I remember....

Crow.

Met a friend of Nordy's the other night at the game - was terribly disappointed that the Canes never really talked to him.
But loved that he's both doing well AND loving the Bruins.

Poor guy was conflicted - I felt bad teasing him about his Canes Nordy jersey haha

Reactions: Blowfish

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
HockeyMom, most of the hockey media don't like the Bruins. I have seen only one broadcast where the Bruins have been given their due for what they've done so far. That's ok, we know, and that is why it is good on this board as most appreciate the Bruins and also tell it like it is, good or bad.........like Andy Brickley does.
Well aware.

Reactions: frankiess

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Really liking Krug's game this series. He's channeling a bit of Andrew Ference. Chirping at fans, getting guys like Williams off their games. And playing good D, too.
Agree, though Krug is better in the offensive zone than Ference ever was. I love the feud between Krug and Williams, it's good television

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
NBC has made it clear Game 1 can be no earlier than May 23rd - because of May Sweeps that sets ad rates locally for the next year.

Now this year NBC has the rights to the Indy 500 and that is set for May 26th so that could be the launch date for the SCF as well and NBC also has the tennis French Open starting on the 27th.

Horse racing won't be a factor as there is no possibility of a Triple Crown winner.

Logic will tell you that the NHL and NBA will work together to avoid conflicts but it never works out that way and this year we have the possibility of a CANADIAN team in the NBA Finals.

NBA has already released the NBA Finals schedule btw:

I think Game 1 of the SCF will be on Memorial Day provided STL-SJ goes at least 6 games (which is looking more likely imo).

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Did you see the punch to the head Williams gave to Marchand at the faceoff? I bet not a lot saw it already because media doesnt care and ignore it. They are embarrassing.

Search for "Justin Williams is my hero" on YouTube and see it by yourself

I didn't see it.

I'm disappointed. I was a fan of his before this. I thought he was a Bergy type character guy.

Has he always pulled this crap?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
KPD is an embarrassment.

has been for years, used to like his perspective, didn`t always agree with it but he usually supported his point of view by going into detail about why he feels this way or that about something, not anymore, has the Red Fisher issue, comes across as bitter and lazy

Reactions: jgatie

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I know I shouldn't but I was watching blues and sharks and confused huge of who i would like to face ?

I remember watching in '09 the series between Carolina and NJ. I was actually happy when Staal scored and thought we'd be OK. We all know how that worked out. I've stopped trying to pick an opponent since then.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
has been for years, used to like his perspective, didn`t always agree with it but he usually supported his point of view by going into detail about why he feels this way or that about something, not anymore, has the Red Fisher issue, comes across as bitter and lazy
When I first saw his tweets I literally a had to double take and make sure it was the "blue check mark" account. I was floored. I can't believe that it's ok for him to be repeatedly insulting every Southerner in the country. *I* was embarrassed reading them.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
When I first saw his tweets I literally a had to double take and make sure it was the "blue check mark" account. I was floored. I can't believe that it's ok for him to be repeatedly insulting every Southerner in the country. *I* was embarrassed reading them.

Northern elites are allowed to look down on rural southerners and fly over country. It's in the PC handbook.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
NBA has already released the NBA Finals schedule btw:

I think Game 1 of the SCF will be on Memorial Day provided STL-SJ goes at least 6 games (which is looking more likely imo).

Not getting ahead of ourselves but god I hope this is the schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad