Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 3 - TUUKKA STEALS GAME 3 - BRUINS 2 Whalercanes 1 F - B's lead series 3-0

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I watched the goalie interference.

Was DeBrusk “directed” toward the net by the Carolina defenseman? Yes. But, I’m really not down with allowing goals on interference unless the act by the defensive player is egregious. If last night’s goal had counted, it would have been one hell of a cheap goal in my opinion.

And as a couple other posters hinted at, this act of identifying plays that are “the same” that have gone against the Bruins in order to justify incessant crabbing drives me insane. Knock it off with the whiny outrage after every damn call against the team. Have you not seen calls go our way during the playoffs? If you say “no”, you’re completely ignorant.

And I know I do this on this board against my own fan base frequently. But it’s how I feel about the boards in general. Are some calls objectively wrong and egregious? Yes, it does happen. And I will admit that. But call after call after call against the Bruins being met with such predictably over the top reactions and comparisons has gotten so ****ing old. Not just on this side of HFBoards, but across the entirety of it.
I disagree on the goal. IMO it was a good goal.

For the rest of your post, I agree.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Correct - Tuukka is in the crease, McE is outside. Even bigger reason to disallow Toronto's goal. Otherwise, the same story - player pushed into a goalie by a defenseman.
The Toronto player was not pushed into Rask. The Toronto player pushed off of a B's defensemen, which caused
him to go into Tuukka. In this case, the Toronto player, by his own actions, interfered with Tuukka.

Reactions: Strafer

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
With one game to go and their season slowly swirling down the drain, one wonders whether the Hurricanes will show enough fight back to at least prevent a clean sweep on home ice in game four as the Bruins continue to make Carolina struggle, especially on special teams, and fluster their captain Justin Williams.

The one thing that makes me hope Carolina can extend the series just a little bit is that possible nine day waiting period for the Bruins which has been the kiss of death for a lot of teams in these playoffs. Now one could chalk that up to certain teams being inexperienced and what have you, but being the kind of superstitious loon that I am (at least for hockey), I would like it if the Hurricanes could at least show some grit and heart and fight back to force a game five and make the Bruins get a gentleman's sweep at the Garden. Not to knock the Hurricanes as they have been able to hang with Boston at points, but it is clear the Bruins are the better team and it is no longer a question of if they beat Carolina, it is a question of when.

Reactions: Strafer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Reactions: Boston Bandit

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Not a word about Crybaby Williams punching him. Not a whisper.
Marchy love taps some one and its the end of the world.

Williams is one of the main factors why they are down 0-3...and I friggin love it
Marchand is becoming my favourite player of all time. Heart and skill all wrapped up in a ball...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad