Pre-Game Talk: ECF GAME 2 - 3:14 PM 5/12 - THE BEAR prepares for another coastal storm and Chris Rooney

Which team wins Game 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Where'd they fly too? Haven't they been 'home'?

From the chatter in this thread, it doesn't seem that's the actual charter the Bruins use:

Jetblue Boston Bruins plane

My guess is it's a JetBlue promotional plane, and they just repainted the plane they use from Logan to Raleigh. I could be wrong.

I had a 1 in 6 shot at being on that plane....got my question picked for a silly JetBlue Twitter contest, where the prize is two JetBlue tickets.

Unless they've changed it as of this weekend, the Bruins charter is "SwiftAir". Pretty sure it's customized with extra large seats because they only have to carry 40 or so people, max. You can track it here:

Swift Air (WQ) #2174 ✈ FlightAware

That's the round 2 victory flight home - the flight out Monday afternoon (I assume they'll stay home tomorrow) will probably be SWQ2175. It's a Boeing 737 twin jet.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I was dreading telling my Wife that game 2 was Sunday afternoon. I felt terrible! She puts up with my unhealthy hockey addiction all year long, I was hoping Mother’s Day would be free.

We were texting on Friday about that night’s plans, and she said “Let’s go out to dinner tonight for Mother’s Day, so you can be in the basement Sunday for Game 2.”

I don’t deserve her. Go Bruins. WE GOT THIS.

My wife would never miss a game no matter the situation. I love it because its usually her idea to sneak away from family get togethers or birthdays or even cancel plans so we can watch Bruins games. I'm a lucky man for sure.. Having a game on mothers day is a bonus for her.. She wasn't even a hockey fan let alone a Bruins fan when I met her. I included her in everything Bruin related and it wasnt long til she was completely hooked.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
There are far worse things in this life than that!

You know the proper usages of “there,” “they’re,” and “their.” You have more than a leg up on 85% of the posters in “The Lounge” sub-forum.
All the good Loungers started a Discord so we could chat without being moderated. There is only like 4 or 5 people that actually still post in the lounge these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
My wife would never miss a game no matter the situation. I love it because its usually her idea to sneak away from family get togethers or birthdays or even cancel plans so we can watch Bruins games. I'm a lucky man for sure.. Having a game on mothers day is a bonus for her.. She wasn't even a hockey fan let alone a Bruins fan when I met her. I included her in everything Bruin related and it wasnt long til she was completely hooked.

Good job on recruiting a good (and loyal) Bruins fan

She sounds like a keeper

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I dont feel like Carolina can compete at all when we have Rask. Just my thoughts. Bruins 4-1 tonight.

ALSO, finally a game that is @ 10 PM. Hate to wake up 3AM to watch the games.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Bruins are up 1-0 in the ECF despite not always playing a 'Full 60 minutes' and perhaps not even peaking yet. Yes, Rask is a big reason why.

I believe they still have another level in them, and I'm hoping they seize the opportunity (and the series) in Game 2.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Another HUGE game coming up! McAvoy coming back will give Carolina another matchup problem. I wish the game was at night. But whatever, NBC wants an afternoon game. Just roll with it. Ok here it goes.. break on two! Go BRUINS !!

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The Bruins are up 1-0 in the ECF despite not always playing a 'Full 60 minutes' and perhaps not even peaking yet. Yes, Rask is a big reason why.

Maybe that's because none of our opponents haven't played a full 60 minutes either.
Noone does.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My wife was also not a hockey fan when I met her. We actually met in a Patriots fan club, so she was a sports fan to begin with and NOT a pink hat. She even scheduled our wedding during the bye week the year we got married! She knew all the rules of football and understood the strategy, so hockey was an easy transition for her.

Almost six years of marriage later, she’s wearing her Brad Marchand Winter Classic sweater and swearing at the refs for blown calls.

One of the things I love about sports is how it can bring people together.

Happy mother’s day to all the moms out there.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I believe they still have another level in them, and I'm hoping they seize the opportunity (and the series) in Game 2.
I believe they have another level too. I hope we see it today.

Carolina beat the Caps...Please do not take them lightly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad