Pre-Game Talk: ECF GAME 2 - 3:14 PM 5/12 - THE BEAR prepares for another coastal storm and Chris Rooney

Which team wins Game 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
68e93f243d28b732f739e291a2cd57c0_w200.gif

Capture - Copy.PNG

upload_2019-5-11_3-19-57.png

upload_2019-5-11_3-20-36.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Scotty Bowman always said a team is not in trouble until they lose at home.

The Bruins win the Cup if they win every home game the rest of the way.

BUT - Carolina has yet to lose a home game (5-0) after 2 rounds and they are 3-3 on the road.

Tomorrow is a huge game on how this series plays out.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
So, myself and my buddy made a bet during the Leafs & Bruins series. Loser has to wash the other guys vehicle while wearing the other teams jersey. He’s a die hard Leaf fan. I love it.

View attachment 226663

That is great! No Leaf fan would take my bet this year.

I hope the Bruins surge with Charlie's return. They need to play a full 60 tomorrow. Matinees have been good this season and I shuffled Mother's Day plans to be able to watch so the day should go fast.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
59FECA58-AC6E-4324-BD0A-AF4D283127AB.jpeg
So, myself and my buddy made a bet during the Leafs & Bruins series. Loser has to wash the other guys vehicle while wearing the other teams jersey. He’s a die hard Leaf fan. I love it.

View attachment 226663
CBJ fan friend of mine made a bet with me & 3 mutual B’s fan friends - the series loser would take an ice bucket. Yesterday he had 4 of his student douse him in his CBJersey.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm nervous, even with Charlie back.

I worry the refs are gonna overreact in the game tomorrow. I hope not. The B's need all the rest they can take, so i'm glad this isn't happening today. I won't be able to watch regardless, but work is gonna be difficult, pacing back and forth trying to check my phone when nobody's looking...

They can do this, though! I didn't think they'd win without Charlie, and damned if they didn't prove me wrong then. One thing this team absolutely has in them that nobody in the media is talking about; there is NO QUIT in these Bruins whatsoever

Reactions: rfournier103

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I’ve been growing more and more confident, not only because of the Bruins play but, no disrespect, I don’t think the opponents are getting harder. I realize Carolina swept the Isles, but that was the same Isles team we beat two weeks before the playoffs 6-0 and they had like 10 shots on goal.

If the B’s win tomorrow and go up 2-0, they are in for a fairly easy ride I believe. The stat is around 82% of teams that go up 2-0 win the series. We all know they are going to take atleast 1 in Carolina. I’m predicting the B’s come home with a chance to clinch and do so.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’ve been growing more and more confident, not only because of the Bruins play but, no disrespect, I don’t think the opponents are getting harder. I realize Carolina swept the Isles, but that was the same Isles team we beat two weeks before the playoffs 6-0 and they had like 10 shots on goal.

If the B’s win tomorrow and go up 2-0, they are in for a fairly easy ride I believe. The stat is around 82% of teams that go up 2-0 win the series. We all know they are going to take atleast 1 in Carolina. I’m predicting the B’s come home with a chance to clinch and do so.
Don’t forget, Carolina did beat the Capitals. That’s not small potatoes.

Tomorrow should be a better indicator of how this series is going to go. Honestly, my main concern is the Bruins keeping their foot on the gas. The ‘Canes are more dangerous than most people realize. The Bruins need to get to the front of the net and create chaos. That’s how this series will be won or lost, I think.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Scotty Bowman always said a team is not in trouble until they lose at home.

The Bruins win the Cup if they win every home game the rest of the way.

BUT - Carolina has yet to lose a home game (5-0) after 2 rounds and they are 3-3 on the road.

Tomorrow is a huge game on how this series plays out.

Re the bolded piece...2 of the wins came in Brooklyn and the other in game 7 against Washington. They’ve actually won their last 3, but in my opinion, the ones in Brooklyn don’t hold too much weight due to how that venue really plays.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Don’t forget, Carolina did beat the Capitals. That’s not small potatoes.

Tomorrow should be a better indicator of how this series is going to go. Honestly, my main concern is the Bruins keeping their foot on the gas. The ‘Canes are more dangerous than most people realize. The Bruins need to get to the front of the net and create chaos. That’s how this series will be won or lost, I think.

They are also well overhyped. Skating and system are their main strengths.

Very beatable team especially if the Bruins can play with the lead.

It's hockey and anything can happen but that storm is heading out to sea.

Reactions: TCB and HockeyMomx2

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
They are also well overhyped. Skating and system are their main strengths.

Very beatable team especially if the Bruins can play with the lead.

It's hockey and anything can happen but that storm is heading out to sea.
I’m cautiously optimistic. Been watching the Bruins for too long to be overconfident, but I really think they can do it this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->