ECF GAME 1 - Carolina @ BOSTON | NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS , WESTWOOD ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Let's not get carried away. The stall penalty was a penalty any day of the week. The first Hamilton penalty he looked right at Nordstrom lifted his arm and elbow into his face. Not that farfetch to call. The third one for interference was not a penalty but they didn't even score on that call and just a few minutes later they almost took pasternak's head off with a high stick right in front of the referee and there was no call. The officiating was bad all game but certainly not one-sided

Also hold on Coyle... a cane player was riding on his back ....

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Carolina fans blaming the refs after benefiting from the horrible calls in the 1st and 2nd...........
Lol thank you. They’ve had their fair share of favorable officiating and then some. They committed a lot of penalties tonight, so they got called a lot... 5 PKs and they still got away with like 5 things haha

Sometimes teams just play undisciplined.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Better team lost it after absolute nonsense. Theme this playoffs.

I'd disagree. PK couldn't contain the Bruins PP and the third period was Carolina's worst this year. I would have never expected the Bruins to handle the Canes in the 3rd period given all the previous stats.

Carolina plays man to man and this results in some battles and infractions in a series and it's now on the Hurricanes to figure out their PK.

Also, Bruins also won the 5 on 5 game on the scoreboard.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Penalties aside (todays game).... if Canes dont kill penalties... they will be in trouble

Either way both teams will go on the PP. Average of 2 to 3 a game

At some point cant blame the refs ...

Reactions: blazenlo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The game was poorly officiated from the get go with both teams getting called for very soft infractions in the 1st period. I do feel that the worst of it came in the 3rd period.

At the same time, Rask keeping his team within striking distance until thst 3rd period was far more influential in the result than the officiating.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Also hold on Coyle... a cane player was riding on his back ....
or the broken stick across marchands back from stall. The officiating has been very questionable all playoffs but to say this was somehow one sided against the canes is ridiculous. I guess the one thing we have to remember is it's a lot easier to officiate from your coach with three or four slow motion replays from four different angles then it is to officiate this game at full speed from the ice.

Reactions: blazenlo

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Boston was yplaying. So you know what happened, refs made sure the league got what they wanted.
Why would the league want a team with a full arena no matter what to make the cup final, rather than a smaller market team that needs help? Original six teams always sell, you want smaller markets competing. “Anyone can win any night, any year” is a HUGE marketing concept for their league in many markets, they literally use refs discretion to “aide” parity all regular season.

People don’t seem to understand NHL’s interest vs NBC’s. NBC cares about ratings. NHL already has their money, ratings is longer terms. Filling arenas, selling merch, staying relevant in general is more important to the NHL short, medium AND long term.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Boston was playing. So you know what happened, refs made sure the league got what they wanted.
Thankfully for you...going by your analyst...it's a best out of seven. NEXT!
Extra SALT?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Bun Cook

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
There were 3-4 other blatant calls the refs could have called on Carolina in that same time span.
That's not on the refs. The 'Canes lost their footing and composure and screwed up.
That was all about the Bruins tilting the ice and the Hurricanes not reacting properly, losing their structure and composure.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Well, so far, it’s looking like my prediction is correct. Looks very similar to the Capitals series. The home team wins Game 1, but can’t be happy about how they played. If it plays out similarly to the first round, they might win Game 2 as well, but it’ll be close.

This Canes team is dangerous if you let them hang around too long, and they showed this game that they can hang with the Bruins as well.

I don't see the Bruins taking the Hurricanes lightly like the Capitals did.
I didn't see the Bruins taking the Blue Jackets lightly like the Lightning did.

Carolina is a great team, fast, hard on the puck and dare the opposition to match their man on man coverage and outwork them. Boston loves (as evident by their cycle game) the man on man.

Truthfully, it appeared that the Bruins 4th line was underestimated by the Hurricanes. Would Hurricanes fans agree that the Bruins 4th line gave them more trouble than the 2nd and 3rd lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad