Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think you are really underestimating Holtby. I think because of him these games will be closer than you think.

He's not superior enough to Vasi to outweigh the advantage TB has on forward, D, and even coaching. But it'll take a Hasek like goaltending clinic to win this series.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Will be interesting to see if the Caps can stay focused or if beating the Penguins was basically their cup.

Think Tampa in 5 or 6 anyways.

Reactions: Sk8M8

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
I was hoping we'd draw the Pens for personal reasons. Oh well, time to read up on the Capitals and see what the home town team is up against.

Anyone besides the obvious starts I should get to know?

I think some names that the Caps will be hearing about for the first time, Cirelli and Gourde and Sergachev. Hoping the Caps get to know them well ;)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I feel like there's too many injuries for the Caps this year, and they lost some good players in the off-season

That and Tampa by some miracle is one of the healthiest team in these playoffs..

Eh I hope it's gona be a good one

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
He's not superior enough to Vasi to outweigh the advantage TB has on forward, D, and even coaching. But it'll take a Hasek like goaltending clinic to win this series.
Well when Holtby is on his game, he is one of the best in the NHL. He did a great job against Pittsburgh and made the tough saves. Tampa might need the "fluke" goals to destroy Holtby, but until then i think these games will still be close.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Tampa is a better team in every aspect. They are faster and deeper offensively, Hedman, Stralman and/or McDonagh are on the ice 90% of the time, and have the better goalie.

Tampa in 5, maybe 6

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Can't wait to see this again.

kucherov.gif

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
This is great. Not only are the Caps free of the monkey on their back but it seems to be concensus here that they have no shot against TB. That's a perfect set up
I mean if the perfect setup is getting past the Pens finally and then getting dunked on, then yes it is.

Reactions: Bozle

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
This is great. Not only are the Caps free of the monkey on their back but it seems to be concensus here that they have no shot against TB. That's a perfect set up

FWIW, they still have to play the games. Tampa Bay was going to be the favorites anyways, no revelation here and no connection to being free of monkeys. That said, Bolts shook off some old dust to make it this far as well.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
FWIW, they still have to play the games. Tampa Bay was going to be the favorites anyways, no revelation here and no connection to being free of monkeys. That said, Bolts shook off some old dust to make it this far as well.

Favorite? Fine. Getting dunked on and run off the ice is an entirely different thing

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, as a TB fan, I'm way more comfortable when the Bolts are underdogs. They love having something to prove. The Caps have a lot to prove here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad