Game Analysis: EC Round 1: New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (PIT wins 4-1) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

What are the chances that they'll do this?

considering they wont even take him out the lineup, what makes you think they'll actually buy him out?

I still have this pipe dream that Girardi would waive his NTC to reunite with Torts in Columbus, and the Rangers taking Hartnall back. Who has 4.75 x 3 remaining.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Why does AV call out Yandle when Girardi and Staal were far worse??? Yandle made a mistake, but makes up for it by still playing well. Girardi makes mistake after mistake and does NOTHING positive, yet he escapes criticism from coach and beat writers alike. How is that even possible? He's the worst defenseman in the league, if this were a Canadian team he'd get **** on by reporters on the daily.

Strictly as a defenseman, Yandle isn't very good. He needed to stop that pass there... he didn't know what to do there...

His offense comes at a price

hawthorne*

Hockey players hit the ice, they play to win! Out of any sport, hockey players have the must pride. They don't just throw games to get a more "favorable" match up, that is messing with the hockey gods and makes for some bad mojo...

Oh, yes, I forgot. Pride! Pride over Cup!!!

I'd call the dumpster fire of a game yesterday with Hank's injury and McDonagh still out "some bad mojo." How much worse could it get?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
At this point, I'm so disgusted over this season and last night I'd rather see McI and Diaz play from here on out.

Let McI go back with yandle and let Diaz play with Skjei, klein with Staal.

We're going to lose this series, and I don't mind losing. But the thought of losing with the exact same major problem thats been dragging us down since opening night in Chicago is simply stomach churning. I'd rather go down swinging with the kids.

I see no need for Diaz. (I don't even think he's healthy anyway,). But, McIlrath should be in the lineup. Who was Staal's partner recently when his play seemed to improve? McIlrath. But, this coach is going to tie his fate to the anchors he still believes in.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I see no need for Diaz. (I don't even think he's healthy anyway,). But, McIlrath should be in the lineup. Who was Staal's partner recently when his play seemed to improve? McIlrath. But, this coach is going to tie his fate to the anchor's he still believes in.

Diaz is healthy, he played on Tuesday night. The night AV mentioned him in his post prax presser.

hawthorne*

Strictly as a defenseman, Yandle isn't very good. He needed to stop that pass there... he didn't know what to do there...

His offense comes at a price

Yandle's possession stats are lightyears better than Girardi's. If Yandle isn't very good, then what is Girardi?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

What are the chances that they'll do this?

50-50 in the offseason. I have faith in Gorton. He's not a stupid man, and he's not Glen Sather. It would suck to have dead cap, but sometimes that's the pill you have to swallow when you make poor decisions

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Yandle's possession stats are lightyears better than Girardi's. If Yandle isn't very good, then what is Girardi?

Girardi is not even a factor in this play I'm referring to... Girardi cost the team the the first 2 goals. I was complaining about Girardi before it was fashionable. He is singlehandedly killing this team in big games. His career is over.

Yandle blew that 2-1. He didn't know the basic thing to do there. The guy can't play defense.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
They actually played decently overall.

I wasn't expecting much but certainly not a 5-2 loss to Zatkoff.

I now have zero expectations, down from very low expectations. I've made peace with it. The signs were there all season but I thought maybe, just maybe, our playoff experience would come out to play. I suppose it's still possible. Anything is. These things can be 7 games long and a lot can happen. But it's not probable. It's not likely.

I highly doubt we make it out of this round. I'd be surprised at a 6th game.

We had a chance in years past. We will in the future. This year ain't it.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Girardi is not even a factor in this play I'm referring to... Girardi cost the team the the first 2 goals. I was complaining about Girardi before it was fashionable. He is singlehandedly killing this team in big games. His career is over.

Yandle blew that 2-1. He didn't know the basic thing to do there. The guy can't play defense.

Its not even the fact that he can't play anymore, which is clear as day.

He QUIT on the play during the first goal. QUIT. What must this man do to lose his spot in the top 6? AV's loyalty to Girardi is, at this point, far more perplexing and asinine than his loyalty to Glass.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Its not even the fact that he can't play anymore, which is clear as day.

He QUIT on the play during the first goal. QUIT. What must this man do to lose his spot in the top 6? AV's loyalty to Girardi is, at this point, far more perplexing and asinine than his loyalty to Glass.

He frigging quit, on that play that dog. Throws his hands up at the ref? Can't stand the sight of him in this lineup anymore.

His in-play decisions are an embarrassment. Throws the puck away, can't make a simple first pass, soft shot, shoots at defender s, gets beat outside constantly. ..

There is nothing he does well. But on that play he quit like a bum.

M. STAAL is a close second...

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
He frigging quit, on that play that dog. Throws his hands up at the ref? Can't stand the sight of him in this lineup anymore.

His in-play decisions are an embarrassment. Throws the puck away, can't make a simple first pass, soft shot, shoots at defender s, gets beat outside constantly. ..

I thought Staal was fine last night really. I don't blame him at all on that Crosby goal, he was as shocked as everyone else at this horrendous decision by Girardi to just softly float the puck into a sea of Gold jerseys. Crosby read it and with one step was gone.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
I am going to watch this team the way Girardi et. al. play "D". The first uncontested giveaway, I'm throwing up my hands and coasting to another channel.

Their play is ugly and their coach's decisions are ugly.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
50-50 in the offseason. I have faith in Gorton. He's not a stupid man, and he's not Glen Sather. It would suck to have dead cap, but sometimes that's the pill you have to swallow when you make poor decisions

Gorton's philosophy as a GM remains to be seen. As of now, he was Sather's AGM and involved in every decision the team made.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kind of mind boggling that amongst a roster of 20 plus players the two best players on the team get hurt at the worst time possible. Then again being a Ranger fan of 30 plus years its not mind boggling at all.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

I maintain he didn't quit on the play or expect there to be an icing... I honestly think he lost sight of the puck when PIT dumped it in. If he thought it was an icing, he would've turned around and tried to win an icing race. He didn't. I think he had no idea where the puck was.

This doesn't absolve him of anything, just pointing out his ****ty play might have a different explanation.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Worst part is AV won't make a single change to the lineup... He'll just say **** happens when it's girardi but if mcilraith did that he'd stay in the press box for 6 weeks

*Bob Richards*

Here's hoping that Raanta channels his inner 2006 Cam Ward.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Separate Staal and G. Or send them to Siberia.

profit

No way, bro. Top shutdown d-pair in the league...

defenders-1516-NYR-shots.png

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
If the buyout is 1.25 mil a year for 8 years, you do that all day and every day till the cows come home. Give him a nice old retirement ceremony and thank him for his service.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
The good news is that this was only game 1. Bad news is that the Pens didnt even play a great game and were 5-2 winners... I will watch every game and root my ass off, but my gut tells me this is going to be a quick series. They will need to show some heart to get a Game 2 win...heart is the one thing this team has lacked.

Please bench Girardi!!!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the buyout is 1.25 mil a year for 8 years, you do that all day and every day till the cows come home. Give him a nice old retirement ceremony and thank him for his service.

Absolutely. He's been a terrific Ranger but its time. I mean considering the hundreds of millions the knicks have wasted in contracts they are still paying out just do it baby dolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad