Post-Game Talk: EC Round 1: New York Rangers (M3) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) (PIT leads 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
My prediction of a sweep has very little to do withour opponent and very much to do with us....I don't think I'd predict us beating any team in the playoffs tbh....I really do think we r the worst team in the Eastern bracket.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Smart move by the Isles...everyone here would have preferred to play Florida.

That said, steal game 1 and there's no reason we can't split the next 6 with these guys.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
My prediction of a sweep has very little to do withour opponent and very much to do with us....I don't think I'd predict us beating any team in the playoffs tbh....I really do think we r the worst team in the Eastern bracket.

worse than even philly?

what about detroit who not only had to get in with a bruins loss but had a negative GD for the season - 13?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The main board thread has us at about 80% likely to lose and I'd say that's fair.
Depends on their goaltending situation. Although they'd still be favorites even with an AHL tandem, IMO. Hagelin and Kessel are going to be flying past our defenders.

Smart move by the Isles...everyone here would have preferred to play Florida.

That said, steal game 1 and there's no reason we can't split the next 6 with these guys.
**** em. I hope the Panthers sweep them.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Too much doom and gloom in here. We haven't even had our matchup set for 4 hours! Sheesh. I understand being a realist, but some of you make it seem like watching this team is a job. We're in the playoffs. Try and have some fun for once, your life would be much better.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
.. been waiting for the playoffs since October, like our players

we can win if stay focused at both ends, we have a deep skilled team,
and they will have either an inexperienced goalie, or a rusty, not 100% one

But after last 2 series
(losing 3 in a row,, then just 6 goals in 5 games)
Pens will have extra motivation

(not that such a thing should exist in playoffs,
but i bet it does for Luongo ...)

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
We're not the same team we've been in years past. It's not going to matter how good Lundqvist is if we continue to roll out a pathetic penalty kill in the playoffs. Pens in 5.

That said, I hope this team pulls it together in a way I can't see coming. LGR

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
This sucks I really wanted to spend next weekend in Miami. Oh well another exciting pens/caps match up I guess ... weeee or something.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Ive got Pens in the sweep...im not sure I can see us winning more than 1 game in this series...not without McDonagh at 100% (if he plays at all).

Our defense is a disaster...they are going to rip it to shreds.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chill man haha! I'm as anxious as the next guy. Gotta stay positive. Special teams must be large. This coach better wake up and hold guys accountable and be as sharp as the players. Defensemen gotta clear the front of the net too. Throw the body and work their defense behind the net. Is their defense that good? No it isn't . I mean Trevor Daley was handed to Pitt for a bag of chocolate pucks and he's their top paid d. This team is experienced and knows this is the last shot with this core. Put up or shut up time . This team has done a lot of talking about how they have to be sharp and better. Well time to show it. Full sixty minute games all series and we have a very good chance at taking this team. The minute Crosby has the puck take the space away. God I need this series to start now.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I feel like these guys will find that extra gear in the playoffs. And Pittsburghs gotta lose at some point right?

Didn't Philly just beat them? They're red hot. The break should cool them off I hope. Crossing the fingers McD comes back before game three and this rangers team leaves us shocked ...in the good way and finds the extra gear. Eric and Rick? Need you big this series

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
As i see it, for us it'll come down to Hank being the Hank we know he can be, and for our defense to perform WAY above their norm.

I am not worried about the offense (although they can be masters at completely "#¤%"#¤% it up for themselves), our achilles heel is our defense.. slow.. lumbering.. non physical, and quite often having the positional awareness of a senile blind man...

So yeah.. long story short, if the defense steps up, we absolutely have a shot. If they play like in the regular season, we are probably going to get trounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad