Recalled/Assigned: Eaves and Glendening recalled

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
When they called him up, did they even have the option to keep him up? I thought it was some sort of post-deadline emergency call up related to the health of Zetterberg.

I'm not sure. I remember Babcock's quotes sticking in my mind because Sheahan is, as Heaton says, a big Canadian kid. That is usually Babcock's cup of tea.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sure. I remember Babcock's quotes sticking in my mind because Sheahan is, as Heaton says, a big Canadian kid. That is usually Babcock's cup of tea.

Which felt like BS at the time, because he got minimal ice time and if I recall he had to drive to to get there just in time. I mean, sure, maybe he wasn't ready. But it was a piss poor opportunity.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Which felt like BS at the time, because he got minimal ice time and if I recall he had to drive to to get there just in time. I mean, sure, maybe he wasn't ready. But it was a piss poor opportunity.

Agreed.

And look at the difference in Tatar and Nyquist between their 1st game, them the 20 game mark. Night and day. Hardly a good measuring stick at all.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
What's the depth chart in GR this year?
Ferraro, Sheahan, Glendening

If Ferraro is playing more than either Sheahan and Glendening, why not try him?

Aug 6, 2012
Don't understand why these plugs are being called up when we have guys like Jurco or Ferraro who could really help with the scoring.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would rather have Glendening over Andersson, and have Sheahan on the team as well. It's not a realistic approach since Andersson isn't going anywhere, but I think Luke and Andy are practically similar players.

I would go with this at the team's current stake

Nyquist - Franzen - Tatar
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Abdelkader - Andersson - Eaves
Miller - Glendening - Samuelsson/Cleary

From using the eye test the last couple weeks, there's no denying that Tatar and Nyquist play much better when together.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'm ok with Glendening coming up. He's a much better 4th line center than Emmerton. Also will be nice to have Sammy in the press box for awhile an Eaves taking his spot.

EDIT- misread post

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If there is one guy I'd like to see get his game back it's Eaves. Doesn't matter if it's here or somewhere else, I like the guy

He looked great over the last 1/3 of last season.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
But it becomes an issue when Z comes back. Waiving Sammy and only getting 100k relief won't allow the Wings to have a full roster when Z comes off LTIR.

I'm ok with Glendening coming up. He's a much better 4th line center than Emmerton. Also will be nice to have Sammy in the press box for awhile an Eaves taking his spot.

When Z comes back we can send the prospect down and recall Sammy. Problem solved.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Good, I was worried we didn't have enough grinders in our lineup. I'm glad Babcock didn't call up any skill players. We need some more players that can dump the puck in and bang away at the puck along the boards. That's what we really need.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
abby-andy-eaves is just terrible third line. they can't go with that.

With the pieces they have up here, they can't be striving for offense anyways. The only guy in that bottom 6 that has a smidge of scoring touch is Miller. Maybe replace Miller and Abdelkader, but I doubt Babcock would put him that low even if that's where he belongs.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Good, I was worried we didn't have enough grinders in our lineup. I'm glad Babcock didn't call up any skill players. We need some more players that can dump the puck in and bang away at the puck along the boards. That's what we really need.

I agree with the sentiment but we needed another 4th line center to replace Emmerton. Glendening is our best option for the position atm imo. Wouldn't have minded seeing Jurco get a look over Eaves tho.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
ferraro and sheahan lose their waiver eligibility next year and can't seem to even get a callup.

are they going to get traded? won't have much value as they lose waiver exemption and have 0 and 2 nhl games under their belt.

they think they suck/don't want to bring up too many rookies/sophomores on roster at the same time? well then they should have been traded already if it's the former and in second case yeah can see it but if they plan to keep em, they are going to have to do it eventually, or lose them for little/nothing.

or what's the case here?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
ferraro and sheahan lose their waiver eligibility next year and can't seem to even get a callup.

are they going to get traded? won't have much value as they lose waiver exemption and have 0 and 2 nhl games under their belt.

they think they suck/don't want to bring up too many rookies/sophomores on roster at the same time? well then they should have been traded already if it's the former and in second case yeah can see it but if they plan to keep em, they are going to have to do it eventually, or lose them for little/nothing.

or what's the case here?

If this team can ever get healthy I'm all for trading at the deadline for defensive support.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

or what's the case here?

Really makes you wonder what's going on. This year has just been a disaster for Holland. Starting to wonder if losing Nill is going to have a bigger effect than most thought. He seemed to have a really good handle on the prospects. Holland just doesn't seem to give them much consideration. Nill has young guys up and down Dallas' lineup. Holland prefers the old timers. :help:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

or what's the case here?

I'm wondering if Holland doesn't think they're good enough and is planning on packaging them away - but he doesn't want to tip off the rest of the NHL by actually playing them in the big league.

Then again he said 2 guys in GR would definately be on the roster next year. If not Sheahan/Ferraro/Callahan, then who?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Then again he said 2 guys in GR would definately be on the roster next year. If not Sheahan/Ferraro/Callahan, then who?

well kenny says a lots of things but

sheahan, jurco, ferraro and callahan are options. maybe he included mrazek too. that would be 5 kids of which 2 would make the roster next year.

but just 7 months ago he reportedly tried to trade jurco and sheahan (along with 2nd rounder) for bouwmeester.

edit. and yeah. almquist too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad