Pre-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Outside of game 7, it's been awful del Zotto
And you can't really exploit Boyle. The guy is our number 2 penalty killer. He's out there to play defense

Cally ain't scared of jack :p:

Yeah Boyle is a great defensive centerman, but his decision making is his biggest weakness imo. When he plays to his limitations and keeps it simple, he's very effective out there.

And I agree about Cally, he'd make a secret service agent!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I don't know if Rask feels the need to prove himself further but this is a great chance to outshine one of the goalies that he was passed up for in the Vezina race.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Am i the only one pissed about a 3pm game?

I'm just glad we're even playing a game at all. But yeah, matinees haven't been our strong suit. :help:

Hopefully Clode maintains strict bedtime rules for 19 and 27.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Is Anybody else

Really looking forward to New York playing Boston like I am?

I have long long been an advocate for NY and BOS being in the same division.

I believe the NHL foolishly killed a great original six rivalry between two markets which are automatic must watches when they play.
This is the only sport where NY and BOS are not in the same division, and next season, will have it even more subdued.

Old time hockey fans like father still hate the Bruins from back in the day, and you just know NY and BOS sells.

Is this series in NY, is extra notice being made, extra attention given that it will be Boston as opposed to any other market?

Has NESN/sports talk/newspaper articles been written bringing up old time history or are most fans/local media not making a big deal?

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Really looking forward to seeing mucker* 's posts. :laugh:

I predict Thursday night will be no less than 75% Rangers fans.

It's interesting, the Leafs definitely had a noticable amount of fans in Boston. Now the question, given that the Leafs play much farther away, will the Rangers match, exceed, bring a good number?
Will Boston have any presence in New York?
Or was the Leaf turnout due to the insanity of that fanbase?

I watched parts of the Knicks Celtics series, and didn't seem there were many Celtic fans in New York, seemed the Knicks had a good amount in Boston but still not much.
Wondering if that is bell weather for this series.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Would you shoot right at Ranger shot blockers?

Wanna drop down and prevent me from scoring. Fine. Just duck. Tell Chara and Boychuk to bomb away.

The 3 rookies have a little better puck-handling skills than the guys they're replacing. Can always fake a shot and go around and slide left or right to find a better shooting lane. They can blast away too.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Wanna drop down and prevent me from scoring. Fine. Just duck. Tell Chara and Boychuk to bomb away.

The 3 rookies have a little better puck-handling skills than the guys they're replacing. Can always fake a shot and go around and slide left or right to find a better shooting lane. They can blast away too.

Chara actually broke a bone in Callahans foot a couple years ago. Our D are too slow to shoot into another teams feet. A bad bounce and the Rags are off to the races. I'd put more emphasis on our forwards finishing checks.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
It's interesting, the Leafs definitely had a noticable amount of fans in Boston. Now the question, given that the Leafs play much farther away, will the Rangers match, exceed, bring a good number?
Will Boston have any presence in New York?
Or was the Leaf turnout due to the insanity of that fanbase?

I watched parts of the Knicks Celtics series, and didn't seem there were many Celtic fans in New York, seemed the Knicks had a good amount in Boston but still not much.
Wondering if that is bell weather for this series.

:laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Redden has been decent here and inspires more confidence than a 3rd rookie blueliner.

Redden got a huge contract in NY and then sucked because he couldn't live up to it. He's not the first and won't be the last to fall into that category.

For a Bruins example, see Lapointe, Martin.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm getting sick of facing teams that I respect in the playoffs :cry:

Then again, I have been relatively well-behaved on HFboards..

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
The only player that really scares me is Nash. Against the Bruins he can just turn away on the rush at will and keep the puck on his stick and snipe it home. The Bruins did not have an answer for that at all in the games they played earlier in the season.

Thankfully Gaborik is gone though. He was another Bruins killer.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
2 goals will win some games, 3 will win any game. More than ever, line 3 has to chip in something.

I think line 1 and 2 will do enough to get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad