Pre-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObjectiveOpinion

Jan 7, 2013
Well, it looks like Claude isn't going anywhere for at least another series, and barring a Bruins style come-back from the Caps, we'll be seeing the Rags in the next round. For those of us that haven't been watching the Caps/Rags series, what are we likely to see from them?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Discipline will be the key word for this series. The Rangers are good at drawing penalties. They don't hesitate to throw the head back when there's little to no contact, and they fall pretty quick. Bs are going to have to minimize getting penalties and putting the NYR on the PP.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
At least the Rangers will have played a long series either. I expect this series to come down to the wire and many close games, perhaps multiple OTs.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
You're likely to see Lundqvist and a couple of ****** goals.

The bear awoke tonight. This team is ****ing pumped. Just pulled off the absolute impossible. I'm not scared of them at all, I'm just scared of Lundqvist.

It's going to be a long series. Tuukka can put up with the best of them and he will. Toronto's offense is much better than the Rangers, I'm feeling confident with this matchup. Moreso than I would with the Caps.

Screams 7 games.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
The only team I really did not want to see was Washington so lets get ready for the Renger more home Ice aswell Rags lost two on the road to start the PO lets hope for the same, I do not think there as deep or fast as the leafs just more ballanced think it bodes well for us Bruins in 5 or 7 games.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Chara needs to be on his A game especially if Seidenberg is hurt.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 31s
Coach on Seidenberg (only played 37 seconds & did not return): "we'll know better tomorrow whether it's short-term or long-term" ^CS

:(

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Wake me up when it gets to 7.

I'm wondering if the combination of these two teams could possibly make playoff hockey boring.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Ranger fan here,

Flip a coin. This series can go either way.

The real issue in all this: The winning team may be too banged up to do much of anything in the conference finals.

acr*

I have to wonder

Maybe playing against one of his old teams will light a fire under Jagr. He did go nuts on the Penguins last year.

He never played under Torts, they missed each other by a year...but maybe Jagr decided to go to Russia because he didn't want to play under Torts in New York. Who knows? Hopefully he starts lighting up the scoresheet. I still like him on the Bergy line, even if Segs did register the assist on the goal.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Discipline will be the key word for this series. The Rangers are good at drawing penalties. They don't hesitate to throw the head back when there's little to no contact, and they fall pretty quick. Bs are going to have to minimize getting penalties and putting the NYR on the PP.
They dive, embellish and seemingly have crooked refs at their home games. That combined with the fact they got Lundqvist in the net means it'll be a tough series. This is almost guaranteed to go all the way to game seven. We just have to hope their offence didn't catch fire because of the last 2 games.

We on the other hand witnessed the re-emergence of Lucic which can propel us all the way to the cup if the stars align perfectly. Bergeron getting the goals will help his self confidence as well.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
They dive, embellish and seemingly have crooked refs at their home games. That combined with the fact they got Lundqvist in the net means it'll be a tough series. This is almost guaranteed to go all the way to game seven. We just have to hope their offence didn't catch fire because of the last 2 games.

We on the other hand witnessed the re-emergence of Lucic which can propel us all the way to the cup if the stars align perfectly. Bergeron getting the goals will help his self confidence as well.

Even if the Rangers get PP's, they can't do anything with them. This series probably won't be won by special teams anyways.

It will be won in the trenches and goaltending.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Hey all. Congrats on tonight. That was historic. Here's to a good one. When is ny Boston not?

If we're talking about hockey, always? :laugh:

Really respect the Rags team but the combination of the two usually produces some uninteresting hockey. Playoffs usually change everything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad