Pre-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hi guys,

Rangers fan coming in peace (well, until Game 1 at least haha). Very impressed with Krejci and he is most likely the biggest player to watch for our D-men. I heard you guys have some injury issues in the D-department yourself, but this will be an awfully close series. First time since 1973! I've been a Rangers fan since 1994 so this is completely new to me, playing the Bruins in the play-offs.

You guys have been very impressive, and I was a bit disappointed when you missed the division title on the last day.

Good luck!

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Totally understand...but just the mention of Redden being out and possibly missed is what gets our funny bone...Never been a bigger whipping boy in NY than Wade....His contract did in him from the get go...

Good luck to Bruins...Should be fun...
Would have loved to see a Clowe vs Lucic for 7 games.

Redden isn't what hurts.

Seids and Ference in addition to Redden is what hurts.

Torts is licking his chops at finding ways to expose the inexperience of those three young D-men.

If Bart and Hamilton step up for us-their skating may be a help. I have only seen Krug the one time this year and he didn't impress me (although people who follow Providence say he is good).

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
We dont have Staal or Clowe..That is huge loss for us..You guys are saying Redden is a big loss?? Ranger nation is in stitches over that thought

Redden has been decent here and inspires more confidence than a 3rd rookie blueliner.

Redden got a huge contract in NY and then sucked because he couldn't live up to it. He's not the first and won't be the last to fall into that category.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Doesn't Ference have a broken foot?

That has been reported, but from what I understand (which admittedly isn't much) this was deduced because he was seen in a foot brace. So, the broken foot is speculation, I think. It could be something else like a really bad sprain.

I have not seen anything official. Perhaps others have?

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
I am not conerned with the rookies. I think they played well Bart and Dougie will only get better as they play more. I am glad that Bart is still apart of our club he looks like he is coming into his own. Krug may be a question mark in the post season but he does have offensive skills that may off set any limitations he has on D in respect to size.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
The pressure is really on our offense this series. How many goals did our D-men score against the Leafs? It was a bunch until game 7, right? With the amount of shots that the Rangers block, we might not be able to look to the points all that much. Lines 1-3 have to really step it up.

That being said, they might have a bit more room down low since the Rangers will most likely be pressuring the points.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I'm expecting a completely different series here. Point shots just won't be available. The Bruins are gonna need some magic from the guys cycling behind the net. Krejci, Lucic, Jagr, Bergeron. If they're strong on the puck and the wingers can get in the vicinity of the net, Bruins should be ok.

That's my highly uneducated guess.

All 4 lines are good in deep and along the boards so that might actually be a good thing. Cycle low, they just need to drive the fracking net.

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
The pressure is really on our offense this series. How many goals did our D-men score against the Leafs? It was a bunch until game 7, right? With the amount of shots that the Rangers block, we might not be able to look to the points all that much. Lines 1-3 have to really step it up.

That being said, they might have a bit more room down low since the Rangers will most likely be pressuring the points.

negative.....the Rangers play a collapsing D and never pressure the points. Point men will have allday to shoot, since we collapse to the middle if the puck goes to the points.

This series will be won along the boards.....that is Torts Hockey (don't ask us Ranger fans why):sarcasm:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
even with 3 of our top 6 D missing, I still think we'll be able to handle the Rangers offense alot better than the Leafs offense.

The problem we are gonna have is generating offense. Then we have to actually convert on the chances. Not an easy task with Hank back there.

Hoping we target Girardi and Mac along the boards. Wear those guys down.

Need alot of traffic in front too. You know, same old crap they never do.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
negative.....the Rangers play a collapsing D and never pressure the points. Point men will have allday to shoot, since we collapse to the middle if the puck goes to the points.

This series will be won along the boards.....that is Torts Hockey (don't ask us Ranger fans why):sarcasm:

Ugh, that could be a problem then. If the Rangers are collapsing and still blocking shots, the Bruins might be in trouble if they don't establish net front dominance.

We are looking good along the boards though. Lucic was a beast at that last series. Bergeron and Jagr are two of the best at the puck possession game long the boards, and Marchand always seems to win battles and find space. We'll have to look toward Seguin to step it up and Krejci to find room.

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
even with 3 of our top 6 D missing, I still think we'll be able to handle the Rangers offense alot better than the Leafs offense.

The problem we are gonna have is generating offense. Then we have to actually convert on the chances. Not an easy task with Hank back there.

Hoping we target Girardi and Mac along the boards. Wear those guys down.

Need alot of traffic in front too. You know, same old crap they never do.

good points there.....whilst our offense is not as Dynamic as the Leafs....our D and Goaltending is superior.

and your last comment is the same how we feel about our team. Same crap they never do.....lol

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
Ugh, that could be a problem then. If the Rangers are collapsing and still blocking shots, the Bruins might be in trouble if they don't establish net front dominance.

We are looking good along the boards though. Lucic was a beast at that last series. Bergeron and Jagr are two of the best at the puck possession game long the boards, and Marchand always seems to win battles and find space. We'll have to look toward Seguin to step it up and Krejci to find room.

yea....I think whomever is stronger along the boards for the duration of the series, as well as who can capitalize on their chances will take this. I think it will be a long-hard fought series. Rangers never do things easily......both of our PP's are atrocious. So this will be an interesting series. I am worried about Lucic running us ragged.....since we don't have the size and toughness to match up there. Hopefully Lucic goes back to playing like he was towards the end of the year? Wishful thinking?:D

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Boyle has been logging serious ice time, we can exploit him, hes a big oaf. Richards is a disaster, Nash is struggling, No Staal is a bonus. Brassard is really on his game right now. Hagelin can be deadly with his speed. MDZ is either great or awful, who knows which version shows up.

I just don't know what to expect.

Outside of game 7, it's been awful del Zotto
And you can't really exploit Boyle. The guy is our number 2 penalty killer. He's out there to play defense

Callahan is already scared of Z's slap shot.

Cally ain't scared of jack :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad