Early Norris trophy candidates?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Hedman, Makar at the top. Doughty will get votes if he keeps this up and LA makes the playoffs. McAvoy, Petry , and Maybe Nurse close by.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Cale Makar has been dominant this year; I see him as the frontrunner...Hedman will get votes, as will guys like Nurse, Petry, Hughes, etc. but Makar has been money...

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
I never thought I would say this but Darnell Nurse is making a strong case this year. Tied for most goals by a Dman, third in points, leading in 5v5 points, +13, very physical, plays in all situations and is skating close to 30min a night. He has been a huge part of Edmonton’s recent success and stepped up big time in the absence of Klefbom. Very unlikely he wins but the fact that he is even in the discussion and likely to receive some votes is a huge surprise.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Honest question as I haven’t watched much of either team, but how has Makar been defensively?

Hedman is putting up better offensive numbers, more TOI, and is obviously great defensively. He seems like the clear front runner to me.

He hardly has to play defence, partly due to his ability, partly due to his linemates.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yep, I never thought I'd say this, but Darnell Nurse absolutely should be in the conversation right now. I wouldn't have him winning, but it's not a stretch to say he's been top 5 so far.

The Norris Trophy moreso than any other is a name brand/legacy award and Nurse is not there yet.

If Doughty continues to play at this level and the Kings are a top team in the West, he will probably get it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Should automatically disqualify Makar too, if that's the case?

I think everyone knows it's Hedman's to lose so far.

Not yet. McAvoy has a case. He logs on a ton of mins. Plays on the PP and PK.

Hedman has won already. He needs to relax.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not yet. McAvoy has a case. He logs on a ton of mins. Plays on the PP and PK.

Hedman has won already. He needs to relax.

I think you can throw all of McAvoy, Nurse, Petry, Rielly, and Makar in the "deserving of a look" pile but none of them have the same clout that Hedman does and he'll get the votes based on name and history, fairly or unfairly.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00