Line Combos: Early 2022-2023 Line combo predictions

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I think our great pp from last year should get a chance to continue at least to start. But at the very least they will be splitting pp cookie time with the other #1 line. So their point totals should go down. On the other hand one line will be playing against not the other teams top shutdown guys so that could help them increase points. I wonder if there is a way or any value in trying use some sort of stats to isolate and compare those effects.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
I think our great pp from last year should get a chance to continue at least to start. But at the very least they will be splitting pp cookie time with the other #1 line. So their point totals should go down. On the other hand one line will be playing against not the other teams top shutdown guys so that could help them increase points. I wonder if there is a way or any value in trying use some sort of stats to isolate and compare those effects.
Just compare powerplay points per powerplay minute played last yr vs this year for Norris Bath tChuk.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I don't think Norris will be scoring like he did the past 2 seasons, don't see a 20+ shot % again. Debricat is the triggerman on the team this year, not Norris.

I think Norris has such a knack for finding the right spots that he can sustain a very high shooting %.

He also doesn't seem to waste shots and only pulls the trigger when he is in a great scoring position. If he can increase his shots on net while not significantly reducing the % in high danger areas he could drop a few points and still score 40+.

I am very high on his gift to put the puck in the net.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If DeBrincat were to be on PP1, he would likely replace Stutzle I’d think. Both play that left side bumper wall on the PP. I may be wrong about that though
The entire PP runs through Stutzle. It won't be him. I agree Debrincat should be on it and it should probably be 5 forwards.

I'd go

Tkachuk Norris Debrincat Stutzle Giroux (takes faceoff)

Joseph Pinto Batherson Chabot Sanderson/Brannstrom

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Cat - Timmy - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - Joseph
Motte - Brassard - Kelly

Watson (Gambrell on waivers)

Kastelic AHL

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Holden - JBD

Brannstrom, Zaitsev

PP1

Tkachuk - Norris - Debrincat

Stutzle - Chabot

PP2

Brassard - Pinto - Batherson

Giroux - Sanderson

PK forwards Pinto, Joseph
Formenton, Giroux (then goes off for Motte after a faceoff win lol)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tkachuk - Norris - Joseph
DeBrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - Batherson
Motte - Kastelic - Watson/Gambrell/Kelly

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Holden - Zaitsev/Brannstrom

Talbot - Forsberg

PP 1A
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Chabot - Stutzle

PP 1B
Formenton - Pinto - Giroux
Sanderson - DeBrincat

PK 1
Formenton - Pinto
Holden - Zub

PK 2
Motte - Kastelic
Sanderson - Hamonic

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
After watching the preseason, looks like the DeBrincat/Giroux combination is a success and they should be considered the top line. Also interesting was playing Stützle with Tkachuk and Batherson at the end, and Norris with the other 2. That might actually work better.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Where is Ridley Greig? Is he injured? I haven't heard much about him recently.
Any news on Formenton? Still in negotiations?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad