Each Team's Mount Rushmore

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd swap Hornsby for Ozzie Smith

Hornsby hit .359 over 13 seasons with the Cardinals. He was a 2x Triple Crown winner with the Cardinals

His 91.4 WAR with the Cardinals alone would put him tied for 43rd all-time with Wade Boggs

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd like to take this time to publicly apologize to Devon White for not considering him among the all-time great Blue Jays

Both he and Alomar played for the Jays from '91 - '95, and while Alomar would almost certainly be considered a lock for Toronto's Mount Rushmore, White actually averaged a higher WAR per 650 PA

Alomar was worth 4.7 WAR per 650 PA

White was worth 4.9

And for those scoring at home, from '91 - '95, Carter was worth just 2.0

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'd like to take this time to publicly apologize to Devon White for not considering him among the all-time great Blue Jays

Both he and Alomar played for the Jays from '91 - '95, and while Alomar would almost certainly be considered a lock for Toronto's Mount Rushmore, White actually averaged a higher WAR per 650 PA

Alomar was worth 4.7 WAR per 650 PA

White was worth 4.9

And for those scoring at home, from '91 - '95, Carter was worth just 2.0
How does Jesse Barfield compare?

I remember reading once that his career War was higher than Carter and George Bell's combined but can't remember the numbers or their War strictly with the Jays.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Red Sox:
Williams, Yastrzemski, Boggs, Pedro

Or Clemens in place of Boggs

Last edited:

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I'll give it a shot at my favorite team in each league.

Mets: Seaver, Piazza and Wright are my instant choices for top 3. 4th spot I'd give to deGrom. Solid start to his career from 2014-2017 followed by his dominant 2018-2022 gives him the nod. Sadly Gooden and Strawberry had personal demons and weren't able to maintain their great starts. Other legends such as Hernandez and Carter came over after having superstar careers elsewhere first (Piazza too for that matter). Hoping we keep Alonso, as I think he'll make the list if he does. Related, if Francisco Alvarez continues his success and stays with the Mets long term, I think he can pass Carter and Piazza as the best Mets catcher ever, considering he began his career in us as oppose to the other 2 having great careers in their 20's in Montreal and LA before coming to Queens in their early 30's.

Mariners: Griffey Jr., Ichiro, and Edgar Martinez are the easy choice for top 3. For 4th, I think Felix Hernandez barely edges out Randy Johnson when only factoring in their Seattle years, as Johnson's very best seasons were in Arizona. It'll be interesting to see where Julio Rodriguez ends up on this list with his 15 year contract he signed.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention the Reds, I'll do them. Bench, Rose, Morgan and Larkin would be my choice. HM to Frank Robinson, as his Baltimore tenure often overshadows his earlier Cincinnati days.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'll give it a shot at my favorite team in each league.

Mets: Seaver, Piazza and Wright are my instant choices for top 3. 4th spot I'd give to deGrom. Solid start to his career from 2014-2017 followed by his dominant 2018-2022 gives him the nod. Sadly Gooden and Strawberry had personal demons and weren't able to maintain their great starts. Other legends such as Hernandez and Carter came over after having superstar careers elsewhere first (Piazza too for that matter). Hoping we keep Alonso, as I think he'll make the list if he does. Related, if Francisco Alvarez continues his success and stays with the Mets long term, I think he can pass Carter and Piazza as the best Mets catcher ever, considering he began his career in us as oppose to the other 2 having great careers in their 20's in Montreal and LA before coming to Queens in their early 30's.

Mariners: Griffey Jr., Ichiro, and Edgar Martinez are the easy choice for top 3. For 4th, I think Felix Hernandez barely edges out Randy Johnson when only factoring in their Seattle years, as Johnson's very best seasons were in Arizona. It'll be interesting to see where Julio Rodriguez ends up on this list with his 15 year contract he signed.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention the Reds, I'll do them. Bench, Rose, Morgan and Larkin would be my choice. HM to Frank Robinson, as his Baltimore tenure often overshadows his earlier Cincinnati days.

I think Larkin makes sense there, but most people would probably choose Votto

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Larkin makes sense there, but most people would probably choose Votto
Larkin is a 12x all-star, 8x Silver Slugger, and he's in the Hall of Fame

Votto is a 6x all-star, with no Silver Slugger awards (thanks to Pujols), and he's not yet been inducted

Last edited:
Reactions: Elvis P

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Cubs

Ernie Banks - #1 Cub
Sandberg/Santos - Both possibly top 10 all time at 2nd base/3rd base
Anson - 1800s but legendary figure who played forever for Cubs

• Love

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Crawford, Longoria, Shields, Price.

A case could be made for Upton or Zobrist too.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Crawford, Longoria, Shields, Price.

A case could be made for Upton or Zobrist too.
I think you have to find a way to get Zobrist in there

He played over 1000 games with Tampa, and even lead the league in WAR in 2009

I certainly think he's more deserving than Upton

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
No Sosa, eh?

I tried not to be a slave to the home run flashiness. I will not pretend to be an expert on either Santo or Sandberg but looking at top 5 WAR seasons:

Santo 9.8, 8.9, 8.9, 7.7 6.7
Sandberg 8.6, 7.8, 7.1, 7.0, 6.1.
Sosa 10.3, 6.5, 5.8, 5.7, 5.4

A bonus for Sandberg is by pre 2016 Cubs standards his teams were probably one of the more decent eras making two NLCS with him as the best player. Sosa was a bit more on the way down by the 2003 run although still their best hitter.

Last edited:

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Ernie Banks, Cap Anson, Ryne Sandberg, Ron Santo

Fergie Jenkins, Billy Williams, Gabby Hartnett, Greg Maddux

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bagwell, Biggio, Altuve

The 4th spot is tough for me. Cruz, Ryan , Scott?

Bagwell and Biggio are certified Houston Legends though the shine does start to flake off if you factor in their lackluster PO performance's.. Granted they had to face the Braves in their heyday in 97,99,01 so that wasn't easy . No excuse for '98 though. I f***ing hate you Kevin Brown lol.

As for Altuve, well, that cheating scandal casts a dark cloud. Still one of the greatest Astros of all time . Little man is still chugging away.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Bagwell, Biggio, Altuve

The 4th spot is tough for me. Cruz, Ryan , Scott?

Bagwell and Biggio are certified Houston Legends though the shine does start to flake off if you factor in their lackluster PO performance's.. Granted they had to face the Braves in their heyday in 97,99,01 so that wasn't easy . No excuse for '98 though. I f***ing hate you Kevin Brown lol.

As for Altuve, well, that cheating scandal casts a dark cloud. Still one of the greatest Astros of all time . Little man is still chugging away.
Lance Berkman has to be ahead of Cruz. no?

I think a lot of fans have forgotten about Berkman, but I'd be willing to bet his offensive numbers weren't much different than Chipper's during their respective primes

Last edited:
Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Lance Berkman has to be ahead of Cruz. no?
Yeah. I watched Lance his whole career . Damn fine player,. Think he has better stats as well Like I said it's hard. But I would probably go with Scott or Ryan for 4th. Cruz was before my time. Never watched him . Was just going by how my Uncle adored him back in the day lol.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Did anyone do the Marlins yet:
Giancarlo Stanton, Gary Sheffield, Jeff Conine, Dontrelle Willis.

Not sure if anyone did the Rockies too:
Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Nolan Arenado, Troy Tulowitzki

As for Pittsburgh:
Honus Wagner, Willie Stargell, Roberto Clemente, Andrew McCutchen

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad