Griffey, Johnson, Ichiro, Edgar or A-Rod

Cardinals
Hornsby, Musial, Gibson, Pujols

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Blue Jays: Alomar, Halladay, Steib...the fourth one you can either do Carter, Delgado, Bautista, Bell, Barfield, Moseby.

Hard to choose to be honest.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Braves

Hank, Chipper, Smoltz, Cox

Tough not to have Bream, Glavine, and Greg, but can only pick 4.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yastrzemski has to be there. Maybe Cy Young too

its tough for sure.

Williams, Pedro and Ortiz are locked in.

Those are the 3 most recognizable, most accomplished and most important Red Sox.

the 4th spot you can easily make an argument for Yaz over Fisk.

I thought about Young, but he's too far in the past. Also really he doesn't get pictured as being part of any team. He's kind of a pitching mythical figure. Not like Ty Cobb and The Tigers

Reactions: Neutrinos

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
San Francisco Giants: Bonds, Mays, McCovey, and MadBum (the Freak should've been on here had he not dropped off drastically after 2012)

Toronto Blue Jays: Alomar, Carter, Halladay, and Bautista (HM to Bell, Delgado, Stieb and Clemens)

Boston Red Sox: Ortiz, Yaz, Pedro, and Williams

LA Dodgers: Koufax, Robinson, Drysdale and Kershaw

Seattle Mariners: Ichiro, Griffey Jr, Johnson and Edgar (HM to Felix and A-Rod)

Detroit Tigers: Cobb, Greenberg, Crawford and Cabrera (HM to Kaline, Heilmann and Verlander)

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pirates

Wagner, Clemente, Stargell, and probably Paul Waner

Same four I'd say, none of which came anywhere near playing a game in my lifetime.

I'm happy Maz got his statue...but Waner was a better player. Gotta feel for Big Poison...the Bucs win the World Series in 1925 and Waner makes his debut the following season and instantly leads the team in most offensive categories, but the Bucs finish 3rd. He then follows that up with an MVP season that ends with a smack down by the goddamned 1927 Yankees (Waner went 5 for 15 with 3 RBIs). Those four games would be his only playoff game despite remaining one of the better players of the 30s after his string of Bonds-like MVPs in the late 20s. Those MVPs probably diffuse the Bonds argument, thankfully. I wish Cutch could have belonged there...but without that bigger success it's hard to overlook having half as many hits with the team as Big Poison. Kiner deserves to be in the conversation..but a shorter Pirates tenure than McCutchen on teams that didn't come anywhere close to competing means that Kiner's legacy is unfortunately small for what you'd expect from a guy who led the NL in home runs for his first 7 damn years.

Bonds would get a spot on my eternal **** list. How can you fail to throw out Sid Freaking Bream?

Bonds's spot in the Jagoff Rushmore is a given.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetpalmetto

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I'm not sure the Mets really have four...the two definites are Seaver and Piazza. After that it's almost a matter of preference. If you could count managers I'd put Gil Hodges up there. Doc and Darryl were certainly the biggest names and talents but yeesh. Maybe Keith cause he was the impetus for the late '80's turnaround and is a folk hero now in the booth. Jerry Koosman's a definite possibility too. I love David Wright as much as anyone but I can't put him there above guys who were on the '69-86 teams or Piazza.

Reactions: Kane One

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad