Each Team's Mount Rushmore

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
For Toronto, if we are basing it on time played with the team it should be Steib, Delgado, Halladay, Bautista

A lot of Alomar talk but he wasn’t actually there all that long compared to others. Carter is a Mt. Rushmore of moments but as a player he wasn’t close to the others listed above

Reactions: Neutrinos

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Texas Rangers:

Ivan Rodriguez, Adrian Beltre, Juan Gonzalez, Nolan Ryan

Pudge, Beltre and Juan Gone are great answers.

But the fourth is 100% Michael Young. He’s beloved and did a whole career unlike almost everybody else in contention for this team.

Like some others have said Ryan is probably sadly the odd man out. He claimed a lot of career accolades with the team and beat the piss out of Robin Ventura but he’s just as associated with the Astros, probably even more. Pudge won with the Marlins but you likely don’t think of him as a marlin.

Palmeiro’s many solid years are very close though he spent almost half his career with the orioles when they double-swapped Will Clark

Josh Hamilton’s insane-but-very-brief peak isn’t enough.

Andrus is more on the level of like Rusty Greer or Kinsler or maybe like a Dean Palmer.

Reactions: Neutrinos

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Pudge, Beltre and Juan Gone are great answers.

But the fourth is 100% Michael Young. He’s beloved and did a whole career unlike almost everybody else in contention for this team.

Like some others have said Ryan is probably sadly the odd man out. He claimed a lot of career accolades with the team and beat the piss out of Robin Ventura but he’s just as associated with the Astros, probably even more. Pudge won with the Marlins but you likely don’t think of him as a marlin.

Palmeiro’s many solid years are very close though he spent almost half his career with the orioles when they double-swapped Will Clark

Josh Hamilton’s insane-but-very-brief peak isn’t enough.

Andrus is more on the level of like Rusty Greer or Kinsler or maybe like a Dean Palmer.

I recently did one for Pittsburgh, my first 3 choices were obvious with Pirates baseball.

Honus Wagner, Willie Stargell and Roberto Clemente. The 4th one I had trouble putting on there. I choose Andrew McCutchen because he was, the franchise player in the past 33 years of some miserable Pirates baseball. They even went to the playoffs in the past decade with him. Franchise and fan favourite.

Ralph Kiner, Bill Mazeroski, Dave Parker and Barry Bonds were the other choices.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I recently did one for Pittsburgh, my first 3 choices were obvious with Pirates baseball.

Honus Wagner, Willie Stargell and Roberto Clemente. The 4th one I had trouble putting on there. I choose Andrew McCutchen because he was, the franchise player in the past 33 years of some miserable Pirates baseball. They even went to the playoffs in the past decade with him. Franchise and fan favourite.

Ralph Kiner, Bill Mazeroski, Dave Parker and Barry Bonds were the other choices.

Hard to leave Bonds off for Pittsburgh IMO. A true 5 tool player with 2 MVPs and an annual 30-30 guy

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Did anyone do the Marlins yet:
Giancarlo Stanton, Gary Sheffield, Jeff Conine, Dontrelle Willis.

Stanton
Hanley - Seems like a good pick for 2nd highest rated hitter with 6 year tenure with some big seasons like 7.3 and 6.7 WAR, some other decent ones in 4 range, batting title winner
Castillo - their longest tenured player, was on 03 champion
Last pick I'll say Cabrera since he contributed more to champion than pitchers like Johnson or Alcantara, and Willis on there would feel wrong, I feel like his career is memorable for the what happened to him question than what he did.

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Stanton
Hanley - Seems like a good pick for 2nd highest rated hitter with 6 year tenure with some big seasons like 7.3 and 6.7 WAR, some other decent ones in 4 range, batting title winner
Castillo - their longest tenured player, was on 03 champion
Last pick I'll say Cabrera since he contributed more to champion than pitchers like Johnson or Alcantara, and Willis on there would feel wrong, I feel like his career is memorable for the what happened to him question than what he did.

He might not have been quite the player the others were but I think you have to put Conine in there, he was on both WS teams and his nickname
was Mr. Marlin

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Bagwell, Biggio, Altuve

The 4th spot is tough for me. Cruz, Ryan , Scott?

Bagwell and Biggio are certified Houston Legends though the shine does start to flake off if you factor in their lackluster PO performance's.. Granted they had to face the Braves in their heyday in 97,99,01 so that wasn't easy . No excuse for '98 though. I f***ing hate you Kevin Brown lol.

As for Altuve, well, that cheating scandal casts a dark cloud. Still one of the greatest Astros of all time . Little man is still chugging away.
Trash cans for the 4th spot :naughty::D. Probably be Cruz or Ryan for me. Maybe even Verlander tbh. Though I think of him more of a Tiger than an Astro.

• Haha
Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad