USA
Some good ones I have done over the years:

Crosby for Jan Bulis & a 2nd
1st overall (McDavid) for Ryan White & 30th overall
Mikko Rantanen for AHLer and a 4th or something like that
William Nylander and a 4th for Jacob Josefson and a late first
Sam Bennett for a mid pick, maybe an ahl body too
Draisaitl & a 3rd for Michael Spacek and Vladimir Kuznetsov
Got an elite level rookie goalie for ahl scrap one year. Signed him for like $1.5M over eight or nine year. Year two he was rated over 90. Thank you cap savings.

Always remember getting Cory Schneider on waivers in one version in any franchise.

Recently always go for Morrissey and Rantanen as they have little value on their teams.

Recently got Scherbak on waivers.

Rantanen is a beast. He'd be a fun one to get

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Some good ones I have done over the years:

Crosby for Jan Bulis & a 2nd
1st overall (McDavid) for Ryan White & 30th overall
Mikko Rantanen for AHLer and a 4th or something like that
William Nylander and a 4th for Jacob Josefson and a late first
Sam Bennett for a mid pick, maybe an ahl body too
Draisaitl & a 3rd for Michael Spacek and Vladimir Kuznetsov
Got an elite level rookie goalie for ahl scrap one year. Signed him for like $1.5M over eight or nine year. Year two he was rated over 90. Thank you cap savings.

Always remember getting Cory Schneider on waivers in one version in any franchise.

Recently always go for Morrissey and Rantanen as they have little value on their teams.

Recently got Scherbak on waivers.
I remember the same thing happened in one of mine. I can't remember what year it was, but there was a woman UFA goalie rated like 90 or something like that. Signed her as the starter and flipped Schneider for a pick and then claimed Schneider right back on waivers it was awesome.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Also just two days ago actually I'm pretty sure I packaged Steen and two future 1st rounders to get Jack Eichel in St. Louis so that was pretty neato

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I remember the same thing happened in one of mine. I can't remember what year it was, but there was a woman UFA goalie rated like 90 or something like that. Signed her as the starter and flipped Schneider for a pick and then claimed Schneider right back on waivers it was awesome.

Not sure if you knew the story but I believe she got in the game as part of a type of make a wish program which was really cool of EA. Might have to check for the specifics though

Reactions: Laus723

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Not sure if you knew the story but I believe she got in the game as part of a type of make a wish program which was really cool of EA. Might have to check for the specifics though
That is cool, definitely didn't know that but it makes sense as to why she was in the game then.

Reactions: Meeqs

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I always used to trade for JayBo and Kovulchuk when they were younger in the earlier games.

Brayden Point is an easy pick up too.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Roy for Thibault, Rucinsky and Kovalenko

McDonagh for Gomez

DeBrincat for Andrew Shaw

Subban for Weber

Sergachev for Drouin and then the AI keeps forcing Drouin to play centre

Pacioretty for Bjugstad and a 2nd

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wayne Primeau (3rd Chk veteran)
Marcus Sturm (2nd line veteran)
Brad Stuart (Top 4 D/ Medium Elite 26 year old)

For

Joe Thornton (Medium Elite 1st line C)

That is the most EA trade ever. Brad Stuart is the former top prospect who still has inflated trade value but is old enough that he'll never reach his medium elite (or in older games 4.5*) potential. Sturm and Primeau are the over valued veteran pieces that people load the trade up with to pump up the value while not actually giving up anything that isn't easily replaceable in free agency next off season. The only thing the trade was missing would have been a 5th round draft pick along with a completely useless 21 year old prospect in order to get passed the "Needs to be sweetened just a touch" phase of the trade negotiations.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I used to do GM Logs in the EA section on here back in the day when it seemed like that section was pretty active. My favourite trade was when I made a Dorion esc (before GM Dorion was a thing...) deal and moved out a ton of youth and draft picks to try and put the Sens over the top by acquiring a 33 year old UFA Duncan Keith. Keep in mind, it was all the same dozen people who followed the GM log thread, so everybody was always really polite, so the 3-4 responses about the trade calling it a steep price, etc etc were about as close as you'd get to getting roasted about making a bad trade.

TRADE DETAILS
Senators trade

Mika Zibanejad 23yo 85oa 2nd line C 4G*
Patrick Wiercioch 27yo 85oa top 4D
Ottawa Senators 1st Round Pick
Carolina Hurricanes 2nd Round Pick (Obtained for Zack Smith)

To the Chicago Blackhawks for.....

Duncan Keith 33yo 90oa Top 2 D (UFA at the end of the season)
Casey Cizikas 84oa 3rd Line CHK TWF C 3.5G (2 years left at 2.9 and then UFA)

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/103867615/

I ended up winning the Cup that season, beating CHI in the final.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I always start by trading for Cam Fowler and PK Subban.
Pair them up as your top D and almost every time, after 1 season they are both over 90.
In the game they compliment each other perfectly.
If your playing the Jets, you can trade Trouba to Anaheim for Fowler + 1st + 2nd (and sometimes you can get a 5th-7th added in)
Subban usually costs Buff + (3rd-5th depending on the games AI at that moment)

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
My obnoxious in game trades: trading the 10th overall pick at the draft for the guy that was just picked 3rd overall because EA overvalues picks to the point that it’s completely illogical at times.

Note: only works in weak drafts.

Reactions: Deam78 and phillyb

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
What I sometimes like to do:

2nd + 3rd for Brady skeji (put him as top LD and he goes straight up to like an 87/88)

2nd line fwd + backup goalie (if one has value) for Josh Morrissey + Kyle Connor
*** if I draft my own team I just split that up and go for each separately because they shoot right up.

2 2nds for Travis Konecny

2nd for Pierre Luc-Dubois

Some completely horrible trades for players who are much more valueable than that.

Then some teams won’t do

For a 1st overall (franchise guy there)

5 1st rd picks for 1st overall

Or like an 89 + 3 1st rd picks

NHL just releases some really shitty games. The gameplay is not good, valuation of players and their potential is just awful too.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Almost every franchise lately I’d give Ottawa a ‘18 & ‘19 1st, McLeod and Severson for Karlsson

Make it happen Ray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad