Speculation: EA type of trades

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
With the most recent RoR trade I wanted to make a thread about EA style trades. This thread is meant to be silly and fun and not at all serious in any way. Which its the offseason so we could all use a bit of that.

So in this thread I want to know:

-What would be the most EA style trade you could see actually working in real life, or favorite type of trade that has happened.

-What's the most obnoxious in game trade you have ever pulled off

-Which players do you always trade for in game even though it'd never happen in real life.

While this thread isn't fully based on reality I think it still has a lot of value to the Trade thread as it highlights specifically why these obnoxious trade proposals are unrealistic and highlighting the distinction should pose as a nice foil to the board in general.

Thanks for all who contribute and remember to have fun with it, it be nice to have a more light hearted thread as opposed to all these heavy and critical ones.

Reactions: ThreatLevelMidnight

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Around 3rd or 4th season you can grab carter hart for basically nothing. Hell I usually do the coyotes franchise and every time I start I trade max domi for galchenyuk and it always works out for Arizona in the short term and long term. I hate players on that game that are lucky to get 10 goals in a season. I always edit auston Mathews because if he’s not getting 43 points he gets like 60 or 70 with like 14 goals

Ps. What the hell is with Connor mcdavid getting like 67 points in a season? Ruins the game when all the star players play like average players.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Around 3rd or 4th season you can grab carter hart for basically nothing. Hell I usually do the coyotes franchise and every time I start I trade max domi for galchenyuk and it always works out for Arizona in the short term and long term. I hate players on that game that are lucky to get 10 goals in a season. I always edit auston Mathews because if he’s not getting 43 points he gets like 60 or 70 with like 14 goals

Ps. What the hell is with Connor mcdavid getting like 67 points in a season? Ruins the game when all the star players play like average players.

The game is ruined in a lot more ways than this... most notably, the fact that it doesn't even remotely feel like hockey when you're playing the game lol

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I Usually play on old gen (just personal preference) and with my Oilers save the one that totally sticks out is Yakupov for Panarin

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Almost every franchise I start in NHL 18 I pick up Josh Morrissey for like, a career AHLer, a 2nd and a 5th and turn him into a top pair D in half a season lol

WPG has a lot of guys that seem crazy good. For example Armia is a monster any time I get him. There are always odd guys like that.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

He didn’t crack 75 points for me, I changed him to a sniper and now he gets around 80-85 points which is a bit better

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Toews is always rated in the 90s. Could get alot for him in EA. But nothing valuable in real life.

IglooBoy

CH fan in Flamesland
May 14, 2009
Calgary via Montreal
Some good ones I have done over the years:

Crosby for Jan Bulis & a 2nd
1st overall (McDavid) for Ryan White & 30th overall
Mikko Rantanen for AHLer and a 4th or something like that
William Nylander and a 4th for Jacob Josefson and a late first
Sam Bennett for a mid pick, maybe an ahl body too
Draisaitl & a 3rd for Michael Spacek and Vladimir Kuznetsov
Got an elite level rookie goalie for ahl scrap one year. Signed him for like $1.5M over eight or nine year. Year two he was rated over 90. Thank you cap savings.

Always remember getting Cory Schneider on waivers in one version in any franchise.

Recently always go for Morrissey and Rantanen as they have little value on their teams.

Recently got Scherbak on waivers.

Reactions: Meeqs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad