OT: EA Sports Reveals Top 5 RW Ratings for NHL 15, Kessel #3

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Are those the most notable improvements?

What about game play? Just some slight refinements I'm expecting?

I'll buy it for sure as usual, but this year I have the most tempered expectations, compared to the other years.

Nooo..it seems that the biggest change will be the fact that they have completely changed the puck physics! And it is also the first hockey game that we will get to see on a next gen console.

Heis3nberg

Jul 8, 2010
Datsyuk a 93. Bergeron a 91. Parise, Kesler as 90's. Koivu, Crawford, Marleau, Pavelski, Luongo as 89's. Also, Ovechkin's slap shot power is an 82.

EA's ratings are unspeakably awful. At least 50 players >= 89 overalls, pretty much every single NHLer being an 80 :help:

Oh, and look at this:

I wanna know what world we live in where Tyler Bozak is a lefty :facepalm:... EA :shakehead

Dude this footage was leaked from some early alpha release, the game was nowhere near done at this point, relax. It'll obviously be fixed before the game is released. People look for every reason they can to bash EA. :shakehead

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Dude this footage was leaked from some early alpha release, the game was nowhere near done at this point, relax. It'll obviously be fixed before the game is released. People look for every reason they can to bash EA. :shakehead

This wrong handed cutscene problem has been in every EA NHL game for at least a decade. It's pure laziness on EA's part. There's a reason they were named the worst company in North America for two years in a row. NHL is going the way of Madden with the lack of competition sadly. If only 2K or Sony or some other developer would take on NHL games, it would at the very least provide competition and force EA to work their ***** off and improve their product. 2K got some flack for laziness with the NBA 2K series, but now a guarantee they step it up and work their ***** off now that NBA Live is back to compete with them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can we all agree it looks good though, considering it was from a few months ago?

Game looks great. They overhauled the potential system, which was a big need for BAGM as well.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Que the gm connected league with trades before it comes out to have it fail within the first couple weeks haha.

Seriously hope they have fixed up ai to be more compitant, for and against.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Theres one cutscene thing after you score a goal, your left-handed player magically becomes a righty. Been in like every game since NHL 09, no idea how they haven't fixed that one yet.

they've had problems with this for years, they need to cut the pre rendered cut scenes and just make it all in engine, graphics are good enough for that now anyway.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
This wrong handed cutscene problem has been in every EA NHL game for at least a decade. It's pure laziness on EA's part. There's a reason they were named the worst company in North America for two years in a row. NHL is going the way of Madden with the lack of competition sadly. If only 2K or Sony or some other developer would take on NHL games, it would at the very least provide competition and force EA to work their ***** off and improve their product. 2K got some flack for laziness with the NBA 2K series, but now a guarantee they step it up and work their ***** off now that NBA Live is back to compete with them.

FIFA is easily the best sports game around and EA makes that, with zero competition. Any reasoning there?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
FIFA is easily the best sports game around and EA makes that, with zero competition. Any reasoning there?

FIFA is really good, but NHL is right there if not just a step below. Since 09 it's been a pretty great game of hockey, though I stay away from the EASHL because people just exploit there.

I like playing a challenging CPU and 14 has that and is more fun than 13 to boot.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
FIFA is really good, but NHL is right there if not just a step below. Since 09 it's been a pretty great game of hockey, though I stay away from the EASHL because people just exploit there.

I like playing a challenging CPU and 14 has that and is more fun than 13 to boot.

Fifa has unreal AI. The teams actually adjust and there isn't really the same shot goals and stuff like that. You can't just be a novice and play the 2nd hardest difficulty on FIFA. Go try it. It's a challenging game.

I've always heard The Show was heads and shoulders above everything else.

Show is pretty good too, although it's UNREAL how hard it is to hit in that game. The story mode is really good and the drafting and developing is awesome as well. But I was referring to mostly games made by EA (which is like every sport except for baseball.)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Fifa has unreal AI. The teams actually adjust and there isn't really the same shot goals and stuff like that. You can't just be a novice and play the 2nd hardest difficulty on FIFA. Go try it. It's a challenging game.

I used to play FIFA 13 against my old roommates all the time - the games are essentially the same thing. Both have AI that can and do learn your tendencies on the fly. The only thing I'd really give FIFA over NHL is presentation, including the commentary (there's less in general, and it's not overbearing in anyway).

Funny thing is while they were always playing FIFA (me sticking to my NHL) I'd usually beat em at Fifa. Every EA sports game has its trick shots. Plus I've been gaming since NHLPA 93 and FIFA SOCCER (which was really 94 - try winning the world cup with Canada in that game, haha). That game had some amazing musical (funky as ****) themes!

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Always lol when I see Kessel with 90+ slapshot ratings. I think I've seen him take about 3 or 4 slapshots in his entire career.

He doesn't use it much, but the guy has a cannon. A couple years ago, I saw a video of a company, possibly Bauer, having a slapshot contest with some of their endorsed players. Kessel finished second just behind Stamkos.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
I am more eager then ever to know about the rookies and their potential. I hated the green/yellow/red star system it was a BS. Before that it was like Off, Def, Phy categories which was great. The players developed well.

Now, I see the potential ratings in Elite Franchise and stuff like that so I believe that they have done something to actual development process. Also excited to know Rielly's and Nylander's potential and Rielly, Gradiner, Kadri, Bernier, JVR, Phaneuf's stats and overall ratings.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
He doesn't use it much, but the guy has a cannon. A couple years ago, I saw a video of a company, possibly Bauer, having a slapshot contest with some of their endorsed players. Kessel finished second just behind Stamkos.

Its because he'll break his stick, its like a 65 flex.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Show is pretty good too, although it's UNREAL how hard it is to hit in that game. The story mode is really good and the drafting and developing is awesome as well. But I was referring to mostly games made by EA (which is like every sport except for baseball.)

:laugh:

Are you one of those that swings at everything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad