OT: EA Sports Reveals Top 5 RW Ratings for NHL 15, Kessel #3

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
As the title says, EA Sports has released it's top 5 NHL RW ratings for the upcoming season, and Phil Kessel is number 3.

10600476_700254603357224_1604232338971515132_n.jpg

Source:

3. Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs: 90 Overall

The most talked-about part of Kessel's career was, for a time, the big trade that brought him to Toronto, but he's risen above that with a great points record for the Maple Leafs, scoring at least 30 in each full season. "Phil 'The Thrill' Kessel comes in as our number three right winger. He is a lock for 30 or more goals every year and you can see why--Phil has one of the NHL's top shots with (93) Wrist Shot Accuracy and (90) Wrist Shot Power."

One of 3 Right Wingers to be rated 90+, although they're just EA Sports ratings, it's nice that he's getting more recognition. I feel like the Olympics definitely helped get past the 'Leafs bias'.

NHL15-ratings-TOR-kessel.jpg

Also,

Top 50 NHL Player Ratings. Kessel is ranked #27.

Player ratings are based on scouting reports provided by a professional NHL Scout and take both a player’s offensive and defensive abilities into consideration.

Last edited:

Jacob8hockey*

When comparing the offensive categories of the top 50 he was around the top 7 offensively.

28 best ranked according to EA including goalies.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
i like these new attribute sheets - much more concise than having tabs

can it bloody come out already :(

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Kesler @ 90 seems a stretch

Anaheim is going to be stacked this year

Datsyuk a 93. Bergeron a 91. Parise, Kesler as 90's. Koivu, Crawford, Marleau, Pavelski, Luongo as 89's. Also, Ovechkin's slap shot power is an 82.

EA's ratings are unspeakably awful. At least 50 players >= 89 overalls, pretty much every single NHLer being an 80 :help:

Oh, and look at this:

I wanna know what world we live in where Tyler Bozak is a lefty :facepalm:... EA :shakehead

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
EA's ratings are unspeakably awful. At least 50 players >= 89 overalls, pretty much every single NHLer being an 80 :help:

I think that's because they're in the NHL. EA Sports rates players based on overall play, not comparative to other NHL players. (I think)

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Datsyuk a 93. Bergeron a 91. Parise, Kesler as 90's. Koivu, Crawford, Marleau, Pavelski, Luongo as 89's. Also, Ovechkin's slap shot power is an 82.

Oh, and look at this:

I wanna know what world we live in where Tyler Bozak is a lefty :facepalm:... EA :shakehead

I couldn't read the name on the back of the jersey, but EA's had issues before with correct jersey numbers. It's possible that just because that player is #42, it doesn't mean it's Bozak. Regardless, I don't believe for a second that the game will be released with a detail like that going unnoticed, these games are incredibly in-depth now.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
The attribute screen looks a lot more clean and easier to read. But seems they're being more generous with the ratings. Kessel rated 80 in body checking and shot blocking, seems a little to high. But overall looks good, I'm excited to give it a try.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I couldn't read the name on the back of the jersey, but EA's had issues before with correct jersey numbers. It's possible that just because that player is #42, it doesn't mean it's Bozak. Regardless, I don't believe for a second that the game will be released with a detail like that going unnoticed, these games are incredibly in-depth now.

Theres one cutscene thing after you score a goal, your left-handed player magically becomes a righty. Been in like every game since NHL 09, no idea how they haven't fixed that one yet.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Oh, and look at this:

And millions of people will still buy the yearly trash that EA crafts up.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Always lol when I see Kessel with 90+ slapshot ratings. I think I've seen him take about 3 or 4 slapshots in his entire career.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga

Oh, and look at this:

If you look closely its actually a right handed curve but he's holding it in his left hand and he's about to switch it but then he cuts off screen. EA actually got it right

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Always lol when I see Kessel with 90+ slapshot ratings. I think I've seen him take about 3 or 4 slapshots in his entire career.

Yup..then as Swervin said, a guy like Ovechkin who has an absolute cannon that wired home about a dozen slapshots this season has a slapshot power rating of 82. Unexplainable...

Jul 10, 2003
KW
The crowds, arena's, and commentators is gonna make this game worth buying.

Are those the most notable improvements?

What about game play? Just some slight refinements I'm expecting?

I'll buy it for sure as usual, but this year I have the most tempered expectations, compared to the other years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad