OT: EA Sports NHL 15 Thread

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Are EASHL teams still abolished? I enjoyed playing with you guys the last few years but last year was a disgrace of a game.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Personally I'd recommend the PS but I'm totally a fan boy. Out of habit though, as we had a PS1 and I just stuck with it. I have a Sony phone too that matches the console... Now I just need the console.

I'll probably get it after Christmas or something when the sales come around. My gaming has gone down a lot lately and I haven't been convinced at all by NHL. NHL 14 is useless now though, you get nothing out of it so it'd be nice to update that. The console's a little pricey though still. Sucks that there's no single player in Battlefront, I much prefer playing offline. Well, I guess I'll stop rambling now.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I can't figure out morale. It seems to be pretty random. And he responses to player meetings are odd. A player comes in with a positive thought. You respond with one. Somehow he loses morale. Don't get it.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Are EASHL teams still abolished? I enjoyed playing with you guys the last few years but last year was a disgrace of a game.

Nope its back! Game mechanics aren't as good as in the past (dekes suck now) preset player builds means everyone is slow now. But the setup for EASHL is slick.

I have a club on PS4 NA West - Future Considerations. FC is the abbreviation. Anyone who want to join can send me a request on there. PSN Mikuraga

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Just went and got 16 for xbone. There was a guy behind me getting it for ps4, he bought the game and a club pack tray of cookies. haha.

Last edited:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Nope its back! Game mechanics aren't as good as in the past (dekes suck now) preset player builds means everyone is slow now. But the setup for EASHL is slick.

I have a club on PS4 NA West - Future Considerations. FC is the abbreviation. Anyone who want to join can send me a request on there. PSN Mikuraga

I lied, it's going to be another hour or so to download. But yeah I will join.. will be very very rusty.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
So I've been gaming NHL 16 all day. Somehow Brad Stuart disappeared from my team in GM mode. Not that I'm complaining.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
He keeps complaining about icetime on mine. His morale is disgruntled because i keep telling him he needs to play like he cares, and there's other players who will take his icetime.

This is brilliant. :laugh:

I signed Meszaros as my 7th and sent Redmond and Guenin both down.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
How's player development? One of my biggest pet peeves was that all the future prospects were amazing skaters with ridiculous shots and everything else sucked. There was absolutely no diversity.

It still annoys me that they don't have in season contract negotiations. How hard could it possibly be to program in?

This. And remember in 2013 (I think, maybe 2012) when you could see the players development as the season progressed? They just randomly took that out! They're so... weird to say the least.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
6 and 0 to start off my NHL 16 career, not bad.

I went like 38-0 in 15 :naughty:

I'm glad NHL 16 came out though because I had a couple of close calls last week and almost lost my streak :laugh:

I'm 1-0 in 16 online but it was a 7-1 win where Grigo had like 4 points :)

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Why can't you control your stick to defend? All you can do is position your player and poke check. You should be able to keep your stick in lanes.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Why can't you control your stick to defend? All you can do is position your player and poke check. You should be able to keep your stick in lanes.

While I know that's something that's been discussed a lot by fans, I don't know if it would work well. Things like live sticks or boards at all times haven't been implemented because they affect playability negatively. While it's not the exact same thing, it might make the the game more difficult to play than it has to be. Or it could make it look unrealistic if the movement was free for the player to decide. I'm sure it's been tested at some point and nixed for the time being.

Anyone have NHL:16 for PS3? Or whatever they're calling it.

No. Don't get it.

Last edited:

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
The more I play EASHL, the more I hate this game. It just feels borderline broken. No customization of player builds, they all have stone hands and get knocked off the puck if they feel somebody looks at them funny.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver

I'm glad NHL 16 came out though because I had a couple of close calls last week and almost lost my streak :laugh:

He's talking about club. We went on a run. Had a full team going. Where were you at? :shakehead

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011

On EASHL. Haven't played any other mode.

FoppaForsberg*

I've only played EASHL once or twice, don't like it. I'm a old school GM mode guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad