OT: EA Sports NHL 15 Thread

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
EA Sports NHL Series Thread

Every year there's a thread on the Avs board devoted to the game itself.It wont be released for another month but I figured some people would like to chat about this.

I'm opening it now because EA just released a list of the 50 highest rated players. 2 Avs made the list.

Matt Duchene 90OVR
Semyon Varlamov 89OVR

Last edited:

Dutchy9

Nov 7, 2013
Montreal
its about time Varly is appropriately rated. 82 was way too low for Varly. Also very happy with Dutchy being a 90. I'm hoping Mack at least gets a rating above 85.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just noticed Duchene is the best skater out of the top 50. Both he and Hall have 95 speed but Duchene beats him in the other skating attributes.

Dutchy9

Nov 7, 2013
Montreal
some players are criminally overrated though. I've started to appreciate the way EA rates players in FIFA. FIFA has a better system of separating the elite from the average.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
Varlamov 89OVR :eek: wow , he was only 81OVR in nhl 14....

My predictions

Landeskog 87
Johnson 86
O'Reilly 86
Mackinnon 85
Iginla 85
Tanguay 84
Barrie 84
Stuart 83
Hejda 83
McGinn 83
Briere 79
Mitchell 79
Talbot 79
Holden 77
Winchester 76
Mcleod 76
Guenin 76
Berra 74

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Koivu, Crawford, Smith, Backes at 89 :laugh:

And what is up with these high overalls?
FIFA has a lot better system with 80 being a very good rating.

Also very is the "none" option?
PC-man here.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Agreed. I'd like a much bigger spread in player overalls. But the NHL team has been really lazy with ratings anyways so they're just going to stick to what they already have.

PlayStation isn't made by Microsoft like Windows and the Xbone and I only play NHL so that makes me less of a nerd right? Right??

Yes it does. Definitely.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Koivu, Crawford, Smith, Backes at 89 :laugh:

And what is up with these high overalls?

Also very is the "none" option?
PC-man here.

Yep, Fifa has the best ratings. Madden is the worst, pretty much everyone there is 70+.

Getting it for PS4.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Surprisingly there's a higher percentage of us than I expected.

I'm just trying to figure out where I want to buy this at the moment. I have a bunch of gift cards to Gamestop, but I'd rather not waste the money.

Vagrantfan

Aug 4, 2014
Detroit
Probably 360. I haven't jumped for a next generation yet since they haven't put out an isolated game to make me want one bad enough. I keep finding other things to spend money on first. Alcohol, Golf Clubs, alcohol, etc.

m0ngr31

Probably 360. I haven't jumped for a next generation yet since they haven't put out an isolated game to make me want one bad enough. I keep finding other things to spend money on first. Alcohol, Golf Clubs, alcohol, etc.

Yeah, I haven't been blown away by anything yet, and I'm not going to pick up a new gen console just for NHL. I just wish they'd make a PC port for crying out loud... :cry: I wish 2k would make another hockey game. NBA 2k14 career is the bomb.

I just hope the 360 version isn't too gimped compared to the xb1 and ps4.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What's the better console overall -- PS3 or XBox 360?
Won't be attached to the internet or anything, just a standalone gaming console?

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
What's the better console overall -- PS3 or XBox 360?
Won't be attached to the internet or anything, just a standalone gaming console?

Overall 360 is better. But it lacked features like Bluray.

Many consider PS4 being the better console of this generation since it's designed solely for gaming.

Really hard to give a short answer :laugh: It's a bit more complicated than this

18Mike18

Aug 3, 2007
BC
Xbox one, and wow so many overrated players already, even Duchene and Varly. i feel they are abit high

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Buying the Ps4 for NHL 15. I'm not wasting $70 on the game for the PS3 just to buy it for the ps4 later. Lack of games for new consoles is why I waited so long to buy

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
I bought a PS4 like a week ago or two, exclusively for NHL 15 and some other games that are coming out in the near future(Metal Gear Solid 5 f.e.)..been an xbox360 guy for the last 7(maybe 8) years, but Microsoft totally screwed it up for the next gen IMO.

xbox always had the better controller, but sony did a huge improvement to close the gap for this generation. the xbox1 controller is just a little nicer looking with cheaper components compared to the xbox360 controller.
Other than that the PS4 seems to be better in every single category. Higher resolution, better graphics (card), better processor, better user interface, more exclusive titles....and I could go on if I invested more time into this post.
Oh yeah xbox got the kinect, which sucks deeply from what I've heard so far. Noone really cares about it or uses it at all. Voice commands dont work, the whole motion control sucks...and xbox has realised it by now and got rid of the camera bundles to actually get rid of some consoles.

Some video links from an australian guy(first I thought hes pretty gay, but hes one of the only guys on youtube who are not acting all the time, not lying to you all day long!):

No more Kinect video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PqbVNPaWDE&list=UUfjXI12T0QBGQ_jVknI7Ypg
PS4 better than xbox one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKeXrhgvuLk&list=UUfjXI12T0QBGQ_jVknI7Ypg
Xbox sucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0LgHmXGF6g&list=UUfjXI12T0QBGQ_jVknI7Ypg

Just look up xbox one sucks on youtube, and you'll find tons of stuff.

To be fair, the xbox1 seems to be less noisy due to the external power brick, and the consoles gets a little less hot than the ps4.

On a sidenote: I was talking to the co-owner of a gamestop store in Berlin and he told me when they sold 5 next gen consoles, 4 of them are a PS4 and 1 xbox one. Seems like Sony has won this battle by a large margin.

edit: and just the fact that microsoft tried to do all this kind of crap to us like DRM, you have to be online every 24 hrs, no renting or selling used games, kinect has to be on all the time and all this kind of BS, makes me wanna quit shoving money up their arses.
Definitely not live streaming my living room straight to the NSA 24/7 ****!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad